• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cant wait till friday!

GoffeeRedCat

So on Friday I'm about to pick up a new steering servo from hobbytown! (5745) I've been looking around the forum and getting mixed answers about installing a new steering servo! Some say you need to modify the mount, some say you don't!! I'm confused! Can anyone enlighten me on some definitive answers?

G

The answers will vary for different servos and the different cars.

The plastic steering servo mount on the MT needs to be modified to get the larger than stock(most of them) servos in. You can purchase the MT aluminum servo mount and it makes it a direct bolt in. The mount comes with a small plate and also has 2 sets of holes. No mods required for the aluminum mount.

For the X series platform. Both the plastic and aluminum mount have the extension plate and the 2 sets of mounting holes. So the X series will take the Hitec servos. I dropped in a 5765 into the XB and it bolted right up.

Deluge

5745? I thought they discontinued that servo. The 5745 should fit right in with no mods.

ChuenouXiao

I have the

High tech 5645MG throttle servo

High tech 5755MG steering servo

Are these the best of the best for my XB? I notice you guys have the 5745 and the 5765 above so I thought I should ask.

G

The 5765 is a high volt servo. I run that and a 5685 on a lipo 7.4v KillerRC receiver pack.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I have the High tech 5645MG throttle servo

High tech 5755MG steering servo

Are these the best of the best for my XB? I notice you guys have the 5745 and the 5765 above so I thought I should ask.
Those are fine. The 5745 is discontinued, and was basically replaced by the 5755.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts