• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

can anyone hel

gonzo

i am new to the hoby i got a rampage xt ranen for about 2 times and i cant get it so start no more :(

G

Check and see if your spark plug is wet. It might just be flooded.

G

Also check for spark since your pulling the plug out. The factory plugs can just fail for no apparent reason.

Deansta

How do you check for spark?

My buddy and took the plug out had it attached to the plug coil wire than held it against the head while trying to start with power starter. Am I doing it the hard way?

G

That's correct.

Remove plug.

Reattach to plug wire.

Hold the plug to the head.

Pull the starter.

You will see it spark if its good.

blak__jak

if you find you have no spark. try again with new plug. if still nothing. make sure the red kill switch is not stuck in. these are the most likely things on a new truck. if you find you do have spark than your problem is probably carb related. as rcdad said flooded because of lack of vent or out of adjustment or possibly loose. if you find your plug is wet try setting needles on carb to factory default. 1 1/2 turns out. while you have the plug out you can pull the ripcord a few times to clear out any excess fuel, turning the truck upside down sometimes helps with this, let it dry out for a little while than reinstall plug loosen gas cap to eliminate any venting problem make sure you have fuel in primer bulb and try to start it again. if this doesn't work for you look around on here there's a complete engine troubleshooting list somewhere I just can't seem to find the link at the moment. hope this helps. good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts