• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Broken Sprint77 modded Dominator

Piranha2

Contributor
I can't really see the damage that well. I too broke the mounting tab within the first couple of days running and have since developed a leak at the 2nd weld (where the pipe starts into the expansion chamber) but it actually gave it a meaner sound so I'm fine with it for now.

pup1970

Nothing against Sprint on this, But the weld has caused some distemper of the metal bracket. There is really nothing that can be done to prevent this other than a different heat range on his welder, or isolating the vibrations. Maybe a rubber washer between the tab and the mounting location might be a good idea.

Piranha2

Contributor
On mine, the tab being broken is no big deal but where the pipe is split it looks like the weld held but the actual metal looks like it tore apart. I'll have to figure something out.

RampageHopUps

You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

The Dominator is designed for the baja.

Side pipes are designed for the Rampage.

There is no rear pipe that will withstand the flex of the current rear shock tower.

Piranha2

Contributor
My pipe is isolated from the rear of the truck, just the header bolts hold it and I have a piece of rubber under it at the rear chassis mount.

Piranha2

Contributor
Hey Sprint, I see you're out there. My comments are just that; comments, nothing more. For the record, my rig has been nose-dived, front-flipped, back-flipped, slammed, bashed, cart-wheeled, spun and just all-around abused so the pipe has more than held up to my expectations and then some.

mooky

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
You guys are barking up the wrong tree.
The Dominator is designed for the baja.

Side pipes are designed for the Rampage.

There is no rear pipe that will withstand the flex of the current rear shock tower.
well maybe its time someone came up with a sensible pipe, i for one cant run a pipe that exits under the rear wing:mad: or out the side of the car,:mad:what we need is an rd logics pipe but 2inches shorter

i would be the first to buy one

or is it just me that thinks pipes outside look fugly:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts