• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brakes locked up!!!

RampageHopUps

lightning73 said:
I don't have a micrometer, so i cant really go by that measurement, i guess the best way to ask this question is, how much of the set screw should be sticking out of the upright?...One half of its length?...One third of its length...Or one quarter of its length?...Which one of these locations would be the closest to being correct?
2 thicknesses of a paper clip.

1/2 of the diameter of the set screw.

There is no correct length, it all depends on how thick your pads are worn, etc. That is just a starting point.

lightning73

Cool! Thanks Rob that really helps, gives me a good idea of my starting point! Im sure its only gonna be very slight adjustments from there on.... :)

badboy2

can u pls post pix of your brakes ?linkage,the brake system and stuff connected to it?my bro is havin trouble with his brakes.if yours is locked up,his doesn't have brakes..now if he brakes engine dies and still truck rolls no brakes is applied.thanks

Loud72

I just started my first break-in tank tonight on my new Dune Runner V3 4x4 and I think I have this problem. The car would stop and not go like the breaks were on. I checked and my bottom set screw is not screwed in towards the metal pad caliper or whatever that is as far as the top one is.

Loud72

ericp

My friend had the same issues, so what he did is he place the screw back in place along with a super glue so it would not lossen up again and it works. brake does'nt locked up no more.

ericp

lightning73

ericp said:
My friend had the same issues, so what he did is he place the screw back in place along with a super glue so it would not lossen up again and it works. brake does'nt locked up no more.
ericp
I hope he didnt actually use "super glue", if he did hes not gonna be able to adjust the screws anymore when the brakes start to wear, being able to adjust those screws is necessary for the brakes to work properly throughout their life expectancy. Blue loctite is what he should have used so he could continue to make his adjustments.

ericp

lightning73 said:
I hope he didnt actually use "super glue", if he did hes not gonna be able to adjust the screws anymore when the brakes start to wear, being able to adjust those screws is necessary for the brakes to work properly throughout their life expectancy. Blue loctite is what he should have used so he could continue to make his adjustments.
he did used super glue and same thing that i told him he won't be able to udjust that and yeah he could care less :rolleyes: oh well but ? here what are the blue loctite and how does that work!!!!! thanks for the info

lightning73

ericp said:
he did used super glue and same thing that i told him he won't be able to udjust that and yeah he could care less :rolleyes: oh well but ? here what are the blue loctite and how does that work!!!!! thanks for the info
Blue loctite and red loctite are used on screws to prevent them from loosening from engine vibration after being tightened. The red loctite is used in high heat applications like headbolts, and muffler bolts, etc. but you have to make sure its red "high heat" loctite, The blue loctite is used on screws that are regularly removed for maintenance purposes, because it isnt as strong as the red loctite, which allows the screws to be removed a lot more easily without the worry of stripping the head of the screws.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts