• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brake Cam shaft keeps lifting up and down...

brio

Brake Cam shaft keeps lifting up and down(about a quarter inch)(brakes still work fine) when I apply the brake. I did flip the linkages to allow space for the HPI Air filter, which I haven't even bought or installed yet:) I wonder if that has anything to do with that. Is this normal behavior of the cam shaft or is something loose? As always, any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

k.jensen

brio said:
Brake Cam shaft keeps lifting up and down(about a quarter inch)(brakes still work fine) when I apply the brake. I did flip the linkages to allow space for the HPI Air filter, which I haven't even bought or installed yet:) I wonder if that has anything to do with that. Is this normal behavior of the cam shaft or is something loose? As always, any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
it's quite normal, mine does the same and has always done it. if it couldent move up and down it would propperly get stuck ;)

ImminentFailure

Mine came with a piece of fuel tubing between the bushing, and the arm of the pin held in place by the set screw. It does move up and down at all, only rotates and works great.

FuzzBall03

Hmm, mine is brand new... and it doesn't have any fuel line on the linkages.

anyone have a pic with the "fuel line" installed?

I cant seem to picture it.

k.jensen

u see the ring on the shaft?? that's the fueltubing they are talking about, mine has it to, and the cam shaft is still moving a little up and down. so I still say that it's perfectly normal as log as it cant jump out of the brushings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts