• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

bought some goodies!!

cherryride

6 channel would be best i think because 4 channel would be too easy to mix functions on.channel 5 and 6 are separate switches on a 6 channel.

G

I've never set one up. One problem with a stick radio is it needs a center neutral position for throttle / brake. You could set up the right stick for throttle / break and steer with the right stick.

If you use the higher channel models you have more options on the sticks.

Last edited:
G

I know the K propo you can ditch the wheel for a stick. I don't think it eliminates the trigger though.

TerraKill

the futaba 4PKS is 4 ch but its also wheel and trigger set up, and the price tags abit scary

tbh this and the futaba 4PL are the only 4 ch surface controllers i can find lol awwwww

think im gonna buy a flysky there cheap enuff nand eveeryone says good things

G

TerraKill said:
the futaba 4PKS is 4 ch but its also wheel and trigger set up, and the price tags abit scarytbh this and the futaba 4PL are the only 4 ch surface controllers i can find lol awwwww

Flysky has had 2 prototypes for a 4ch. No word on what they will go with or when it will be available.

G

TerraKill said:
the futaba 4PKS is 4 ch but its also wheel and trigger set up, and the price tags abit scarytbh this and the futaba 4PL are the only 4 ch surface controllers i can find lol awwwww

I picked up a 4PKS. It is so nice it made me cry. desismileys_4189.gif LOL JK

It is awesome though.

BoukeG

You could get the flysky, hack it, and do wicked stuff with it! The stock can be reprogrammed to an 8 channel transmitter and you think you can reassign knobs to do whatever you want. Think you might need a multi chanel receiver, but the possibilities are endless. I've seen youtube clips where a crawler had two steering sides and the switch and the transmitter was capable on switching been front steering, rear steering, our both.

G

BoukeG said:
You could get the flysky, hack it, and do wicked stuff with it! The stock can be reprogrammed to an 8 channel transmitter and you think you can reassign knobs to do whatever you want. Think you might need a multi chanel receiver, but the possibilities are endless. I've seen youtube clips where a crawler had two steering sides and the switch and the transmitter was capable on switching been front steering, rear steering, our both.
That's awesome. My issue was getting a wheel on the left side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts