• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

boggs down & shuts off, high speed

bobvic1217

Lean or rich? After the truck warms up...half a tank... and at full throttle, it boggs down, and sometimes engine stops/stalls.... What could this be? after 7 tanks... this just started.... and if its the needles, which one I turn?

Deluge

Take off your gas cap and clean the little vent hole. If that solves your issue, you need to better vent your fuel tank. If that doesn't help, reset the needles to factory settings and tune from there.

Low - 1 and 1/4 turns open.

High - 1 and 1/2 turns open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith81

Will those settings work for both the 26cc and 30cc engines?

ImminentFailure

When they say '1 turn' is that 360 degrees from start or 180 degrees? I can't get my xt to start and idle at one full 360 degree turn, it spits fuel out the pipe. As i lean it out it gets better. 180 degree turn from open, plus about 2/16th more gives me a nice idle that doesn't bog, but doesn't race. That's what it came set at from the store.

Deluge

Yes, the settings work for both the 26 and the 30. They're just base settings and you will have to tweek them from there depending on your environment. 1 turn = 1 full revolution.

Low - Close the jet and back it out 1 and 1/4 turns.

High - Close the jet and back it out 1 and 1/2 turns.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImminentFailure

I may have to take video of my tunning the 30cc on my XT, anything more than 180 degree turn from full closed (1/2 revolution) on the Low needle bogs the engine into shutting off. I can't figure out for the life of me how people are running 1and 1/4 open. I've been through 4 tanks, my high end and low end sound great. Speed and RPM is on point, spark plug is a nice brown paper bag color.

miyata5

I have the same problem, how do you adjust the needless where are the needles lol

Newbie here. I bomb around in it and runs fine, then 30 min later it stalls...why? I will try to start it, choke sounds like it wants to start, then unchoke itll run for a few seconds give it gas it sounds like it wants to stall. Then it wont start at all... Is it overheated? If not what.

the1320god

ImminentFailure said:
I may have to take video of my tunning the 30cc on my XT, anything more than 180 degree turn from full closed (1/2 revolution) on the Low needle bogs the engine into shutting off. I can't figure out for the life of me how people are running 1and 1/4 open. I've been through 4 tanks, my high end and low end sound great. Speed and RPM is on point, spark plug is a nice brown paper bag color.
Did u raise the idle screw? When u richen the low side it lowers the idle. U have to turn the idle screw clockwise a lil to compensate

andyken

miyata5 said:
I have the same problem, how do you adjust the needless where are the needles lolNewbie here. I bomb around in it and runs fine, then 30 min later it stalls...why? I will try to start it, choke sounds like it wants to start, then unchoke itll run for a few seconds give it gas it sounds like it wants to stall. Then it wont start at all... Is it overheated? If not what.
Like what was suggested earlier, gas cap vent needs a look.

After it bogs down, open the cap and see if it runs better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts