• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body Vendor

Sprint 77

Contributor
I was wandering if anyone was going to try to make a body for the truck? The one that comes with it looks OK but the thing is warping from heat even in front and seems to be little brittle. Anyone wanting to s=cast it and vaccum some new ones out in USA made lexan not china acrylic.

satttheman

yea id love a new lexan body i need a new one i was just goin to get a clear one when they came out but a lexan body would be better cause i flipped my truck backwards goin up a curb and the whole hood cracked from body mount to body mount

NitroBurn

I hope the factory or someone makes a better body because mine is starting to crack around the body posts. Seems that the plastic is to brittle.

Simsy

there are plenty of body options out there i am curently running a FG beetle body you just have to be a bit creative with the mounting thats all

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

I just tossed a couple layers of fibre drywall tape and shoe goo on mine to fix all the cracks. I rolled mine jumping down hill and hit a rock with the front arm. Busted the arm and endo'd down the rest of the way....pretty soon it'll be held together completely with fibre tape lol

jaysyourhandyman

pipeous said:
I just tossed a couple layers of fibre drywall tape and shoe goo on mine to fix all the cracks. I rolled mine jumping down hill and hit a rock with the front arm. Busted the arm and endo'd down the rest of the way....pretty soon it'll be held together completely with fibre tape lol
lol...thanks :cool:

jackson

hey guys, i havent done much well nothing yet to my cat, i got the MT a few weeks ago, ran it ok, i havent got time to get on to it yet, but waiting on stuff to arrive, killswith, hpi air filter and so on!

anyways i got mine used so it came with a nice blue and silver color well painted, but i wanted something else, and found a guy on ebay selling 1/5 scales bodies for about 25bucks, check him out, also got a nice black escalade bodie just won it today should be here by the end of the week, just wanted to share the info on the bodies i think they're made out of some sort of have duty plastic, don't know yet!

pipeous

Hey jackson. I had one of the newbrite bodies (3rd pic in the auction pics) on my fhmt. first rollover in sand it exploded into fragments of plastic lol.

jackson

newbright bodies!

i was afraid to hear that, but i inted to run on the street, so i hope i wont be rolling over on the asfalt, as for offroad i got the stock one, maybe in the near future i'll get a desert rat bodie or something similar!

and a nice loking escalade for 20 bucks i could not resist lol

take care boys!

E5B

Sprint 77 said:
I was wandering if anyone was going to try to make a body for the truck? The one that comes with it looks OK but the thing is warping from heat even in front and seems to be little brittle. Anyone wanting to s=cast it and vaccum some new ones out in USA made lexan not china acrylic.
I could vacuum cast if someone would like to lend me or donate their shell. I was thinking about using Kevlar or carbon fiber though (1-2 layers).but It may weigh a bit more than plastic.

Anyone out there that would like to sell me their desert rat?!

jackson

newbrighti got one of those newbright bodies, since i only play down the street, works fine for me, and look dam nice too!and is a perfect fit!maybe some of the fabricators here could mold one of those and sell it!they're made out of hard plastic but still if you just doing some street running they're great, but if they were made out of some god quality lexan, it would've been awesome! heres some pic of my rampage mt scalade!

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

/monthly_2010_10/DSC00032.jpg.921a5431e9c49bc6cf3a5b6dedf3ae7b.jpg

/monthly_2010_10/DSC00034.jpg.0eeedeec29d891c89cb162732a1fec77.jpg

/monthly_2010_10/DSC00036.jpg.4e09916cdfa1b282e0e0a5f35fa4c1b5.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts