• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

body reinforcing

tha nemesis

take fiberglass mat and hot glue it where you ant it to be .. then mix up your resin and then pour or brush it on your mat .. will change to a greenish color and let it dry .. be sure to soak the mat with resin .. then sand it if you want and its drillable

tha nemesis

i personally use mat over cloth ..i also cut up some of the fiberglass mat into confetti size and mix it with my resin .. all of this will be available at walmart or any autoparts store .. cost about 10.00 for the small kit and about 5.00 for the mat

G

Mesh tape (drywall tape) then cover with shoe goo or truck bed liner.

FYI if Parma is the paint it must be sealed with a non water based sealer to use aerosol bed liner. I have ruined paint jobs using the bed liner. It softened and made the colors bleed. I have never had issues using shoe goo.

chapinb

+1drywall tape and shoe goo.

Iv just started using spray plastidip in addition to the tape. I too have had some drywall tape bleed through, but I think it was more due to a too thin paint coat in the one spot, not plastidips fault. None of the colors ran at all.

alfred e numan

You can also use roof repair mesh. Its somewhat stronger than the drywall tape. It can be found @ the Home Depot in the roofing area. I use a type of gluethats been around forever, The military uses this to glue nameplates on ships. Its called plyobond. Not exact spelling, but a good mom and pop hardware store knows this stuff. Yea, the plyobond is very close to what is used to build foam airfilters- bond the rubber base to the cotton wire mesh on K-N air filters. Cannot be used on high heat applacations. I.E. engines. just saying-----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts