• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body Reinforcements

hamster huey

You can buy rectangular sheets of flat lexan at hobbytown for a few dollars. I saved scrap pieces from all of my 1/8 bodies I have done. 1/8 plastic is thick. I cut small patches of plastic, reamed holes for the posts and shoe gooed them inside and outside the body around the posts. You might want to make the outside body ones small as they are a little unsightly. The shoe goo may discolor the paint but shoe goo w/these bodies is inevitable anyways. It strengthens the body and keeps the post from smashing through the body. I have rolled and skidded on the roof several times and it tested very strong. Do the same thing on the outside on the bed and hood. It sandwiches the body betweet two pieces of lexan at the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

PISTOL PETE

hamster huey said:
You can buy rectangular sheets of flat lexan at hobbytown for a few dollars. I saved scrap pieces from all of my 1/8 bodies I have done. 1/8 plastic is thick. I cut small patches of plastic, reamed holes for the posts and shoe gooed them inside and outside the body around the posts. You might want to make the outside body ones small as they are a little unsightly. The shoe goo may discolor the paint but shoe goo w/these bodies is inevitable anyways. It strengthens the body and keeps the post from smashing through the body. I have rolled and skidded on the roof several times and it tested very strong. Do the same thing on the outside on the bed and hood. It sandwiches the body betweet two pieces of lexan at the posts.
i love the tiedye duct tape idea. its great if you have an old or cracked body. i hit the brakes a little too hard the other day and rolled mine it cracked at all 4 body posts. it was soft as hell too. im off to walmart for some tape toinght.

hamster huey

Don, shoe goo is like rtv but harder. Not the same but similar. I got it at hobby town. I couldnt find it anywhere else. Not even Lowes or Ace or True Value. All areas are probably different. Id look on the net if youre not near a hobbytown. Pete lets see it when youre done!

krashkrieg

Contributor
hamster huey said:
Don, shoe goo is like rtv but harder. Not the same but similar. I got it at hobby town. I couldnt find it anywhere else. Not even Lowes or Ace or True Value. All areas are probably different. Id look on the net if youre not near a hobbytown. Pete lets see it when youre done!
Shoe Goo is very flexible when dried....

You can pick it up at any Shoe Store that's worth anything...a lot of major sneaker chains carry it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts