• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

body question

twinmill57

I just got a brand new MT body is there a easy way to figure out were the holes go.

twinmill57

no i picked up one of the painted bodies and it did not have the indents like other brands

Keith81

I'd get a body reamer tool then put the old body over the new one and then team the new holes into the new body, should line up perfect...

Keith

XBENOOB

Dab a little loctite on the posts and then position body on the truck...

Just drill out the spots where the loctite is on the body..

Note... It doesn't have to be loctite... If you have to.... you can use your wife/girlfriend/sisters nail polish / lipstick.... all it needs to do is be able to transfer to the body...

ImminentFailure

You can also use yellow tack tab, or some clay (i had some laying around from model rocketry nose cones lol). Ball it up and rest it on top of the post lightly, then drop the body down over it square. If you just rest the tack tab on top of the post, it will stick better to the body and not the post. Should be able to lift it off and turn it over.

So many methods TBH. If you want to spend money. They make laser caps you put on top of your post then put the body over it, and it shines the laser light through.

twinmill57

I will have to try the loctite method or maybe ask the wife if she has some clay. Wish i had a old body that would make it easier but i am converting my TT to a MT as soon as funds permit to get the tires. Or since i have the smaller motor I may tell the wife it is just cheaper to get the hole truck since i will have to upgrade the motor eventually when surprisingly it just wont run any more, she will never know what i did to it since she doesn't know anything about motors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.