• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body options for about $100

crazyfast

Sudden turn of events today. I was out doing some fine carb tuning after installing the new 8k clutch, and I was running my XSC body. Well, I slid into an icy snow bank while drifting and blew off the right rear corner of the body! I mean it didn't even hit that hard and it wasn't THAT cold out today!!

Guess we can say I'm done with the bodies that over hang the wheels!!

What are the options out there for bodies that are just as wide or narrower than the wheels? Here's what I've come up with so far.

Rovan Beetle

King T2000

rcgasser

If its ice or snow on the ground then it is at least 32 or below that is cold especially for a body. Are you talking about these bodies for a redcat? If so you will have to fab some post to hold these bodies on the side or have alot of space between the car and the body. You can take shoo goo and mesh tape and fix the body you broke if you kept the piece that broke off.

crazyfast

Ya my luck I bought a can of bed liner a couple days ago but just wanted to get out and tune today. Ya I figured I'd have to mount it myself.

Hey would a 1/8 scale short coarse body fit similar to like a Dessert Rat body?

crazyfast

Deluge said:
I'm afraid those bodies aren't going to be much better. They're more than likely made with the same material that the stock bodies are made of. Might want to check out RCDAD's site. Looks like he has some blem bodies at a good price.Grafil Bodies - RC Pit Stop
Thanks!! Sending him a PM right now!

crazyfast

Well, looks like the Grafil SC-G Evo 2 is too big for our trucks, and the other grafil bodies are too expensive.

Looks like I think I might go with the Rovan T2000. Looks like I might even be able to run my MT sized wheels with it too! Just waiting on the dimensions to confirm fitment.

Any other options??

chapinb

The evo2 fits fine. Mine came with the wheel wells pretrimmed, so my body sits a little strange. But you get the idea. Its got about 3 pounds of shoo goo, fiber glass weave and spray plastidip. Its taken many hard rooftop hits and barely a scratch. Its a tough shell.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=12293

The rovan based bodies for the bajas will be too long, and likely fragile.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyfast

Thanks for the pic! Love your paint combo! Ya RCDAD said the ones he sells are also pretrimmed. Is the King T2000 considered a Baja? I've email a couple shops about getting the length dimensions but haven't heard back from them. If it fits, guess I'll have to slather the inside with bedliner and dry wall web tape.

G

All of the Baja truck bodies will be the same size or larger than the Grafil body. They are made that size to fit the 5t & 5sc. Bodies designed around the MCD trucks will be a little shorter.

crazyfast

RCDAD said:
All of the Baja truck bodies will be the same size or larger than the Grafil body. They are made that size to fit the 5t & 5sc. Bodies designed around the MCD trucks will be a little shorter.
Sorry still kinda new here. What are the MCD trucks?

I found while using the 'search' that KM makes a cheap bug body but can't find one ANYWHERE!!! They were selling them in June on ebay. I'm a long time VW fan and would pick one of those up in a heart beat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts