• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body Defects

Johnnyrum

Hi,

My new Rampage arrived with a screwed up body. The protective plastic was ripped up and there is deep scratches all over the hood, windshield, and roof.

The paint job is real bad, the black trim around the windows is out of place.

Large Scale RC gave me the run around and would not replace the body.

I contacted Redcat directly and the sent me a new body for the cost of shipping.

Johnnyrum

kryptonite

yup.. wait till you run that shell and it shatters like glass:D. mine was cracked and they also shipped me a new shell. the paint job looks like a 5yr old from china made it.. oh wait.. that IS who made it. most of us arent running the redcat shells.. thats what keeps the costs down. if the shell is really important, look into the fg's. they come with flawless very durable bodies. there 2wd, and handle like bricks. and they start at $1300.00.. but to help you out,(couse you will need it) check this shell out.. http://www.largescalerc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2455

just ordered one. from what i have heard they hold up nice. you can also look into the asgard http://www.fgsupply.com/1_5th_Off_road_bodies-Body_set_Asgard_ST_body_w_decals_CLEAR.html or for a little more the proline 5t shell

but in the mean time to preserve what you have(YOU HAVE 2) drop the body as low as you can so its supported on the roll cage, get yourself a hot glue gun and some shoe goo glue. and save the peaces so you can put it back together:D

ps. don't expect the second shell to be any better then the first shell. they were all made by the same 5yr old in china who makes $2.50 per month

pup1970

That sponge don't help too much when you hit a fence at an angle.LOL weird thing was it broke the opposite front hole from the hit.

Clubin

Banned
LOL mine looked like there was gravel in the box and it was on a 2 week boat ride through the roughest of seas. I am running a Atomic Asguard body now.

looker2756

Contributor
Yep, thats a RedCat body for ya. Not exactally the way to start on a forum though. You might have asked everyone here, before blowing off first. Remember the cars are from Redcat not Largescalerc. It's obviously a mfg. defect. LOL

Clubin

Banned
looker2756 said:
Yep, thats a RedCat body for ya. Not exactally the way to start on a forum though. You might have asked everyone here, before blowing off first. Remember the cars are from Redcat not Largescalerc. It's obviously a mfg. defect. LOL
The bodies don't last but the rest is good. lol

CAT5MFG

Contributor
Johnnyrum said:
Hi,
My new Rampage arrived with a screwed up body. The protective plastic was ripped up and there is deep scratches all over the hood, windshield, and roof.

The paint job is real bad, the black trim around the windows is out of place.

Large Scale RC gave me the run around and would not replace the body.

I contacted Redcat directly and the sent me a new body for the cost of shipping.

Johnnyrum
Hmm... It doesn't seem quite fair to beat-up LargeScaleRC over this. It's obviously a manufacturer's defect. From what I've seen on the "custom" painted bodies, they all have issues with the window lines and torn protective covering. This does not make the vehicles bad. They're still a great value for the money spent. I'm not a fan of their bodywork, but the car ROCKS!

Johnnyrum, I hope you're enjoying your truck. Please bury your guns and go have fun!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts