• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Blew my rear differential??

crazyfast

I knew this would probably happen... just not with in 10 min!!

Over the winter I installed an 8k clutch AND just removed the front CVD's, but WOW did that make a HUGE difference in the acceleration and really did help with the steering! My XT just about wheelied a few times with these J-7's! I'm sure I might get the front end up when I switch to the lighter T5 knobbies!

However, I knew it was going to go after about 7 min I could hear the high pitch grinding sound and within a couple min. it sounded like the ring/pinion were completely stripped.

OPTIONS?!

i was going to order the 7075RC rear diff housing, but that's just the housing. I'm assuming I need a better/stronger ring/pinion? What are the options here?

Are the gears plastic, aluminum, steel?

1st spring bash (Dads XT, my M-XT, brothers XT)

147_zps8d8717c7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

The gears are steel and only 1 option we have to fight this week diff housings are the 7075rc...once you round off the tops of the gears they are shot! Plan on replacing them with a new housing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts