• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best radio

Simsy

Ok what I want to know is what do you guys think is the best radio.

The criteria are Price, Range, Multible cars and reliability.

I don't need to know what is the most expensive or the cheapest ect but what is the best value given the criteria.

M

magnum57

I prefer Futaba 3PK with Fasst module out of everything because of their quality and what you get for the amount of money you spend. Compared to other radio s their just overall better built in my opinion. My friend has an Spektrum DX3 and I prefer my 3pk over it because it has so many more features. Ive also used a DX2 and a DX3 the DX3 was nice but I liked the feel and options the 3pk had over the DX3. Plus a backlit screen will be a huge benefit when it is darker out. The HRS mode is awesome if running all digital servos. I run all my toys with one radio. Works real well for my RC boats also. The 3PK is one awesome control system.

kryptonite

ive tried a bunch of radio's. ive down graded from 2.4 to futaba 3pm. its more then i need and i love it. super reliable. super easy. more functions then i will ever need. i have 2. my first one has 4 models and my new one just has my rampage on it

mooman007uk

Banned
have a dx3 which is ok but got a nomadio react cos I need 4 ch for my fgbaja so i can run seperate brake channels and a kill switch...great radio with loads of features and easy to use...next will be a futaba 4pk when or if the react takes a dump, same as 3pk but with the extra channel

pipeous

I like JR radios. I prefer the menus because they are so easy to navigate. Futaba stuff is great though and they have come a long ways to make their menus easier. I have a DX3.0 and an XS3 FM Synth. The DX3.0 comes with 2 rx's and 2 servos that are decent. Bang for buck it's hard to beat. the only real drawback is only 4 model memory. The 3R uses less batteries and has more models (and the "faster" dsm, that I think only hardcore on road guys could possibly notice the difference in speed)

Pick up a few radios and try them for comfort in hand and for ease of use. Like sitting in chairs before buying them.

Clubin

Banned
I have a DX3R and it has been great, I bought the first one in Canada. A long while ago. I am currently controlling 8 R/C's with mine not all at once though. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts