• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best radio to buy?

G

The FS-GT3b does have a fail safe. The killer bee is a kill switch and not a fail safe.

gobigorgohome

rcgasser

Yes its made by the same company but more then likely its the radio that's bad and not the receiver. The stock radio I have never used but I have heard on the forum many times of that radio going bad and they have to switch them out. If you do a Google search of the gt3b there are many great reviews and many positives that has been stated on this forum.

fluxn81

There all the same. Even the FSGT3-B is the same. It just has a 3rd channel, lol. I have it and it glitches.

csp1971

Contributor
The FSGT3B is great. I haven't had a glitch yet. There are more than enough reviews to back it up. I have a Spektrum. That POS would lose signal 100 feet out regardless of the receiver, vehicle, or location. Futaba, spent a lot on the radio then the extra receiver.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

Best thing to do if you are unsure about it. Buy a $200 Futaba. Use it. Get another large scale, put in an $80 Futaba receiver for your second large scale. :) By the time I got to my third, I said screw it, read a ton of reviews and figured, the most I'd lose is $35 and maybe a runaway vehicle. Then I'd just spend another $80 on another Futaba receiver.

G

* #25 * * Yesterday, 03:17 AM

gobigorgohome

how do u activate it or does it activate on its own when the battery dies? any where can i get this?
The kill switch will activate if it looses signal, if you shut off the tx(loosing signal) or you can run it off a third channel instead of shutting off your tx. If you have it on a third channel you can shut down the engine and still have steering and breaks.

Here is what I bought.

http://www.killerrc.com/products/gas_killswitch.php

There are different versions for how you want to set it up:)

gobigorgohome

i order the fly sky gt3b and a couple recivers for my nitro cars also guess well see like somone said im only out 50bucks if it fails ill buy futaba for sure

G

You will need to get enough flysky receivers for all your cars. Then you will bind each car.

gobigorgohome

thats what i figured i got a couple recievers coming jus was wondering if it was easy to link extra recievers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts