• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best radio to buy?

gobigorgohome

well my recat radio stopped working so now im in the market to upgrade i have a rampage mt and 5 nitro cars i wanna get one controller possibly that could work with all of them any suggestions best bang for your buck?

gobigorgohome

id like to keep it reasonable but i kno that you get what u pay for i was lookin at the futaba 4pl seems decent for the money but i want somthin that been tested on these trucks and works well

rcgasser

1+ on the fly sky gt3b. best bang for the buck holds 10 cars $35.00 radio receivers $8.00 a piece caint be beat and the radio works great for me so far I have 2 of them full and I have never had any problems so far.

fluxn81

gobigorgohome said:
id like to keep it reasonable but i kno that you get what u pay for i was lookin at the futaba 4pl seems decent for the money but i want somthin that been tested on these trucks and works well
I just upgraded from the 4PL to a 4PK. The 4PL is an awesome transmitter and I'd suggest it to anyone.

gobigorgohome

i also want to make sure whatever i get wont get interference but do u have any links on where to buy these for a good price?

csp1971

Contributor
gobigorgohome said:
fly sky seems really cheap do you get good distance with it n all?
The distance is as good as my Futaba. It beats the Spektrum by a mile (literally). :p

G

+1 on FS-GT3B. I have not owned a radio that performed any better. For 35 bucks you can't beat it. Receivers are only like 7 bucks. It has memory for 10 cars. Binds very easy. It has a port to recharge it, just need rechargeable AAs. IMO best for the buck. Even can be used as a game controller:)

216c767e.jpg

rcgasser

I have had my 2 fly sky for about 6 months and they are great I also have the m11 and the m11x but they get no action every since I had the fly sky.For

G

The wheel is this.

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=6946&p_catid=135

It comes with 4 adapters. One is very close and needs a small shim placed on the flat side of the radios shaft. I used a small c-clip for a shim. This snugged it up nicely. The wheel comes with the smallest Allen screws in the world. LOL. I don't know if they are even 1mm. I had to use a tiny flat head to assemble it.

I use the killer bee from killer RC.

LightForce

Spektrum DX3S

I have 2 of those one is 140 hours use time the other close to 300 hours.

Lightweight- 4 AA batteries only and Telemetry so you know battery level at your models or temperature of lipos of electric,gas,nitro motors. Range is good for quarter mile telemetry for 150 feet . Futaba range is more then 1/2 mile due to 6-8 batteries and higher voltage but do you need more then 200-300 feet?.

DustyR3825

Banned
rcgasser said:
I have had my 2 fly sky for about 6 months and they are great I also have the m11 and the m11x but they get no action every since I had the fly sky.For
Also had mine for around 6 months. Best bang for your buck.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts