• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best cage?

tsudo5th

Me again, just wondering what cage for MT is? The nice aluminum cage? Is this just for bling? Or is the stock cage the one to keep? I am going to have to remove the center bar just in front of air cleaner to have room for the senad filter so I want to make sure I have protection.

Ron E

Contributor
you can also make an aluminum cage that mounts to the shock towers for support, eliminates flex = better for drivetrain. i'd post pic's but just search, i've already got several out there :D

Outlaw

Ok guys speacking of roll cages,how strong is it ? I have a friend who thinks the aluminum is not up to par,i have not heard of any problems just some stripping the plastic gears,im really liking the pro,sorry not tring to jack someone thread,new here

G

They work, but so does the plastic one. I've never read of the plastic failing and not protecting the engine. Many decide to custom make one to stiffen up the chassis.

fat49f1

Contributor
In my humble opinion both the stock cages do nothing more than look like a cage. Build one if you can imagine it. It can be built and will function like a cage should. IMHO lol

G

Yeah, next to the custom ones including yours, the stock ones seem meek.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts