• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bent Phatdad

Gas Jocky

I was suprised to see one of my Phatdad shafts bent so bad...wasn't a major crash....I gotta stop driving this thing in my driveway! :rolleyes:

phatdadshafts001.jpg

phatdadshafts002.jpg

Clubin

Banned
looks like the dog bone did it when the lower controll arm went. lol If you need parts I have some stock shafts. lol

Good luck geting a replacement.

kryptonite

wow. it looks llike a pretty hard hit. that blows couse phatslacker put us on the back burner.. so what are you gona do? swap out for hpi's or do you have a spare phatty

Gas Jocky

kryptonite said:
wow. it looks llike a pretty hard hit. that blows couse phatslacker put us on the back burner.. so what are you gona do? swap out for hpi's or do you have a spare phatty
No spare Phatty's , put a stocker back on for now but I think I'm going to try a set of Smartech shocks on and see how they work. I've never had a problem with these shocks..look at the difference in shaft size.

smartechshochs003.jpg

smartechshochs010.jpg

Gas Jocky

They are off the back of my Smartech Thunderbolt, almost a perfect match in size. I'll get one mounted up soon to see if it will work.

Gas Jocky

Fits almost perfect, two mods have to be done, the ball end is narrower so it needs a shim, easy fix and the bolt at the shock tower is smaller than the stock bolt so maybe drill a new hole or make an adapter plate of some sort. Either way it's not a big deal.

Smartechshochinstalled001.jpg

Smartechshochinstalled003.jpg

Smartechshochinstalled004.jpg

mooman007uk

Banned
I had a front impact that broke the lower arm, bent the top turnbuckle but the phatty survived....you need to make some limiting straps, twice now they've saved my front shocks from naughty impacts, they seem to not only limit unwanted droop but also limit impact deflection...I'm gloating right now:D

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
I had a front impact that broke the lower arm, bent the top turnbuckle but the phatty survived....you need to make some limiting straps, twice now they've saved my front shocks from naughty impacts, they seem to not only limit unwanted droop but also limit impact deflection.
That, or the way Gasjockey drives makes you look like a old lady out for a Sunday ride.

lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts