• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Austrailian Mining Boom

rob64n

Contributor
Ok I know we have a few aussies in here, so I wonder if I can get some input from them. I'm curious about movin to Austraila for a couple years to make some awesome money and then come back here.

GTS 666

Got lots of mates that work in mines here there all on good money but not making truck loads. Living costs in Australia and accommodation is expensive. Plus everyone is a little worried about a carbon tax that may be introduced this will most likely make the cost of living even more expensive.

Obeast44

Banned
rob64n said:
Ok I know we have a few aussies in here, so I wonder if I can get some input from them. I'm curious about movin to Austraila for a couple years to make some awesome money and then come back here.
I've worked underground...it is not fun. I would not recommend it to anyone.

alfred e numan

I met a pretty gal on the internet the other day, she diives a giant dump truck in a open pit gold mine in Peru, its about 9 thousand feet elevation there, this lady is a little thing-had photos of herself in the drivers seat- wearing goggles and a filter over her face.

alfred e numan

never been downunder, the roos are native i read, the rabbits are not supposed to be there- is this correct?

alfred e numan

say rob64n-- this gold mine in peru is owned by an American company- 2nd largest open pit gold mine in the world, no idea about the pay scale- might be worth checking out--

billybob

Mate yes there is the mining boom but as said in a previous post living expenses are pretty dear.More so anywhere around the mines as the owners jack up the prices because the workers are earning big coin.As for the roos shotguns are'nt real good need a rifle say 223 cal or anything above,plus our gunlaws are very strict.You cant just get a gun you need to be a member of a huting,target club or be a primary producer(farmer).Then there is a written test and the guns are cataloged with the wallopers.And finally our beloved government has given into the tree huggers and we are getting a carbon tax,not that it will get rid of the carbon pollution just taxes the biggest polluters which in turn charge the consumer more.Still want to come?

rob64n

Contributor
I have heard of this new carbon tax that's why I was curious about the cost of living over there, thanks for more info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts