• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anyone working on a lightweight racer?

IMADMAN

Just seeing if anyone has attempted to put their Redcat on a diet? Trying to see where I can cut some weight, but this thing is just so BEEFY!!!!

Clubin

Banned
Mine has put on weight. But I think the weight I have added hopefully makes it stronger. Loosing weight, man I don't know where I would start. lol

kryptonite

power is fun, but it tends to break things. next to the ss my rage is like an over wieght lover. its just too much. but i wouldnt know where to start besides the wheels. mines getting hevier too. all that aluminum.

mooman007uk

Banned
put my mt on a decent set of bathroom scales today....37lb!!!! and it still is fast as hell, my fgbaja weighs 24.5.

The tires weigh 2+lb each though, I agree just give it more power

Last edited by a moderator:

IMADMAN

I guess you guy's are right, it may just be easier to add more power than, try to lose weight somewhere. Not going to be running the MT tires so that's quite a bit already!

Sprint 77

Contributor
Usually in 1:1 racing a couple pounds is cheaper than buying more horsepower, because there is so many areas to save weight, Our engines power is cheap throw a stroker crank and big bore with a 813 and a kicken pipe. What you may spend $300 , you'll spend that in getting carbonfiber pieces made and cut to lose what .5 lb. You be wanting to throw more weight at it to beef it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts