• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anyone got a SKYRC Toro EX HV ESC?

killajb

Bonnet fits nice and snug without issue, funny that the clear "window" on the roof actually allows for a bird's-eye view of the cooling fans. I'm hoping that is all I see and no smoke comes out..

Fort Lauderdale-20121116-00105.jpg

Fort Lauderdale-20121116-00106.jpg

Fort Lauderdale-20121116-00107.jpg

Fort Lauderdale-20121116-00105.jpg

Fort Lauderdale-20121116-00106.jpg

Fort Lauderdale-20121116-00107.jpg

/monthly_2012_11/583c6065bf935_FortLauderdale-20121116-00105.jpg.eec356f2dc9d4a64755a33bd7b3a34ff.jpg

/monthly_2012_11/583c6065c157f_FortLauderdale-20121116-00106.jpg.dcc1758ae9a81483642d4ce0957e7c20.jpg

/monthly_2012_11/583c6065c340b_FortLauderdale-20121116-00107.jpg.3f1a3fa896474b5c6814fae43e57bc93.jpg

rookie101

Looks good, hopefully it works as good as it looks. If I do order one I was planing on running zero degrees timing to start, better safe than sorry.

Are you going to try it on six cell as well as eight? I'd like to keep all my three cell batteries to use most of the time and just run it on eight cell occasionally. I'm not sure if six cell would cause too much heat though due to the lower voltage//

killajb

The intent is to run 8s and 730kv for (hopefully) an optimum combination of both performance and minimal heat loss. To generate the same ammount of power (in watts) as one increases voltage (going from 6s to 8s) the current draw becomes less. Lower current draw, or the less of a traffic jam there is for electrons to travel from battery to controller to motor, thus less heat is generated. Less heat overall means longer run times as the motor operates at a higher efficiency as well.

In summation.. the goal is to be able to run 30-minute mains to compete with the gassers. To do so, the ability to run as many packs as one has to spare back-to-back without having to encounter an issue with overheating becomes almost a prequisite.

cncpete

Programming

I got one of these ecs's and an x528 beast. Gonna be a while before I can test and run my car though. I am doing a custom chassis'd MT with a center diff and set up like a buggy. But I can't to wait to run it, I am very hopeful! I have a friend who owns a company over in Shenzhen China, he got me the set up real cheap and sent it over with one of his shipments... score!

I read in the instructions you can program it without the program card. You can answer all the programming questions yes/no with throttle/brake. I have the card and they r the same settings as when using the card. I thik you can download the instructions if you don't have them.

twissted

Banned
how to get one

[ I just ordered the motor here as the lightinthebox had to refund my money after waiting 6 long weeks. I'm so mad at them. I hope this works out beter for me. I to have a custom build for this motor. I already have the big esc that does the same as this esc. 8s 250 amp is what I using. I'm building a custom xbe that is 1.5 longer wheel base that I my use the 200 amp toro for. and the beast X524 2Y 910kv motor. It is the same motoer that I just order again. UPDATE!!! I would like to add that Goodluckbuy is out of this motor as well So it looks like I'm out of a motor for a while. Ok buy me as it is winter. The sad part is the suppliers will hike the price up as it is the motor everyone wants! So maybe I will give up on this build all together and work on something ealse as this is turning into a mess and I'm into this for fun not a spend money and get a retun notice insted of product.

Last edited by a moderator:

twissted

Banned
I love the looks of this esc!
It looks alot like the castle motor cooler that I use. I will try it just for that alone! I can't believe the 1000 amp burst! Crazy! With my 65-130c lipos this esc will melt my tires! I wonder how the parts are going to take this kind of power.

Last edited by a moderator:

killajb

None from me as of yet. Dislocated my hip during sparring and have been nursing it while on meds :(

No worries, as soon as I can sit up straight for more than half an hour I'll finish tying everything up and put the other motor in.

twissted

Banned
http://www.mhz-powerboats.com/product_info.php?info=p930_engine-sirius-5698-2-5d---1-150kv.html&no_boost=1

This is a great motor. Just take off the water jacket and your ready to go! I cost 206.00 shipped to the united states. I bought the SSS5694 that cost almost half as much but has a lot of the same specs.

http://www.horracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=46_70&products_id=608&osCsid=obutfld8cq2jgu80kme1408ht6

I should point out that these are full race motors! Look at the specs. They say it all!

killajb

Haven't even powered mine up yet :( It's been a long recovery from injuries and back to hardcore training, so this will have to wait a few I'm afraid.

killajb

Many thanks. My definition of "well" is being back in fighting shape.. literally. So that being said, I'm okay. Just have priorities and doing one (scrappin') affords me the ability to do the other (rc).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts