• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anybody make a good air filter system for XB

JayV3rc

I put an HPI filter system on my XB and found the throttle servo arm hits the filter I really like this filter and would like to make it work if anybody knows of a good filter system for the XB or a way to make the HPI kit work please let me know thanks

Zapped

I have this on my TT and MT and it works fine, ordered one for my XB which is on the way,I hope it fits.It's from ADA Racing.

Last edited by a moderator:

cordy

Hi Zapped, I have the same air filter. My question is are you useing a foam filter inside the k&n pancake or an outerwear ?

Zapped

cordy said:
Hi Zapped, I have the same air filter. My question is are you useing a foam filter inside the k&n pancake or an outerwear ?
Cordy,I recently put on an outer wear.You can check it out in Projects under Home made outer wears.

JayV3rc

I saw the pics in the general section that's a great idea u guys are the best see what happens when u get a bunch of people trying to make a good thing better theirs always a way thanks again so much

JayV3rc

Well I ended up running the throttle and brakes off the same side as shown in the pics and it works perfectly I didn't even have to alter the rods Ohh and for anybody wondering if the body will fit with the HPI filter set up it fits just fine so u won't have to worry bout that

Cyrusdawg

Either way by altering the T/B linkage seems to be the best solution. I ended up mounting the entire servo holder close to the outside of the chassis also lengthening the steering arm for more steering leverage This with anew Hitec servo works great. If anyone needs a custum linkage I can make one for you Thanks, Cyrus I forgot I also reversed the brake lever I posted some pictures in the projects thread for all to see Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

bbuzzard

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Yup, the end disc on the baja filter just touches the windshield of the body, it works great! :D
I think this may damage the body. The stock filter housing tab sliced a hole in my windshield first time out. I am pretty sure I didn't pay attention to it's position when I put the body on. IMO, a short filter will work with 3 stages of filtration...in grassy or muddy. Since I am nowhere near any sandy conditions, I haven't had any filter issues on any of my beasts.

DustyR3825

Banned
I want to get the HPI Filter. My question is do you have to also buy one of the velocity stacks or will it just bolt on and replace the stock filter? Thanks.

Kebema

DustyR3825 said:
I want to get the HPI Filter. My question is do you have to also buy one of the velocity stacks or will it just bolt on and replace the stock filter? Thanks.
It will just bolt on in place of the stock filter. No velocity stack needed.

mike.s

HI,

New to the forum and learned so much from reading. I want to purchase the HPI Baja filter for my XB can someone help me out and post a link of the product from a seller. Would be great, last thing i want to do is purchase the wrong item :)

Thanks again!

mike

yknotrc

I have this one on my XB, It clears the linkage,With the Baja one you have to mod. the linkage a little for clearance.

http://www.tgndistributing.com/dt1-large-scale-filters.html

you need this also if you decide to go this way.

http://www.tgndistributing.com/velocity-stack.html

only problem is the V stack hit the choke lever,I took that off and use a small piece of fuel tubing to open and close the choke. BTW if you go with DDM try using LSF for a discount code should save you 5% I think DDM carries the filter I have(DT-1)

mike.s

Hi Guys,

what a great community to be part of and thanks so much for the replies. i went ahead and bought the HPI Baja filter and the outerwear from www.davesmotors.com.

mike.s

Kebema said:
It will just bolt on in place of the stock filter. No velocity stack needed.
hmm, after reading this thread i went ahead and bought this Filter, after installing it noticed does not just bolt on, you need to mod the linkage so it will fit and not hit anything... trying to find out where i can get the part for the linkage to clear... if anyone has a idea please post.

to see pics on how it came out check

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=6243

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts