• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

anybody else?

GoffeeRedCat

Anybody else lowered thier body and have any problems?? I just lowered my body post and covered the inside of the body in dynamat...I don't see any problems but I always wonder lol...I'll take pictures as soon as I can figure out how to upload pics from my phone

G

Doesn't cause any problems. Just make sure your exhaust clears. If any part of your pipe touches or is really close use some foil tape. It will prevent melting.

GoffeeRedCat

Sweet thanks!! The dynamat I used has an aluminium foil backing!! And I was just running it maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me but it sounds a little quieter lol

BertR

It will defiantly help with the noise and acoustic vibrations,dynomat is good stuff. Just be cautious around the muffler because the adhesive may start to sag if it gets to hot, not likely but is a possibility

G

GoffeeRedCat said:
Sweet thanks!! The dynamat I used has an aluminium foil backing!! And I was just running it maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me but it sounds a little quieter lol
That's what it does. It is great for sound absorption and vibration reduction. You might be the quietest on the track! LOL

BertR

Maybe I should give that a try? every time I fire my truck 3-5 youngsters with skinned up knee's and elbows come out of the woodworks wanting to drive it.Crap I have a hard time keeping it safe lol.

Ryneito

Also make sure you leave a gap between the top of your shock tower and your body. It will beat it up inside if you slam the body all the way down. I wanna see some pics of XT's with the body lowered. That was the main turn off I had about the XT..

G

Ryneito said:
Also make sure you leave a gap between the top of your shock tower and your body. It will beat it up inside if you slam the body all the way down. I wanna see some pics of XT's with the body lowered. That was the main turn off I had about the XT..
I use a peice of foam tape on any contact points.

jeeper049687

the foam tape works great just keep it away from hot exhaust parts, some of mine smoked off. how did you get the body around the drive system when mine came it hit the gear cover, going to add lowering it to the list to do just will have to see what happens with the belt drive, might have to bring out the trim sheers.

G

jeeper049687 said:
the foam tape works great just keep it away from hot exhaust parts, some of mine smoked off. how did you get the body around the drive system when mine came it hit the gear cover, going to add lowering it to the list to do just will have to see what happens with the belt drive, might have to bring out the trim sheers.
Just ditch the cover. Problem solved, no body rubb'n.

G

Not yet its been another couple weeks since I last talked with them. I'll check in again Monday. I am much more interested in additional pulley sizes. The cover issue is what is holding them back on adding pulley sizes. If a larger pulley is installed on the third shaft it becomes impossible to cover it. I wanted to not include covers and just add a second belt to every kit. They're not so keen on that idea. I might just have to get pulleys from a third party.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts