• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any usage reports on Kershaw Designs 8S setup?

Cain

I am looking for any usage reports and opinions on the Kershaw Designs 8S setup that uses the Castle Creation Mamba XL ESC and motor I believe.

Obeast44

Banned
Personally, the mount setup he is using has to be some sort of hack job. There just isn't enough room there IMO to mount that 2028 properly, with moving the center spur section.

DemonRC

Personally I'd stick with the Leopard 5692 in 1000kv or below. The CC motor isn't going to give you anything the Leopard won't and the Leopard is so much cheaper and easier to fit. Also, every spec I've ever seen states the Leopard is also high efficiency.

Cain

here is a pic of his mounting system:

In general I have heard his stuff is good, so I am expecting it to be durable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Cain said:
In general I have heard his stuff is good, so I am expecting it to be durable. Do any of the leopard motors work on 8S?
Yes, the 1040kv and below will run on 8s. A couple of us are planning to move to 12s with the Leopard 700 and 540kv soon. This setup will far exeed the capabilities that the CC setup has.

Cain

thanks. Just found the info before you posted lol.

Do you happen to know what exactly is the ratio for the vehicle? I have seen 4.1 and 3.1 . trying to figure out speed estimates. Also tire size as well.

G

I like the set up in the photo, but it does not look like the body would still fit.

Obeast44

Banned
strodedawg said:
mount it on the rear deck/chassis stiffener after you get one from 7075rc
^^^ This!!

After using Kershaw's pinions for about 10min, I have decided I will never go back to that half a$$ed attempt at producing something. 7075RC all the way!!!

killajb

I really hate bashing brands or products, but Kershaw designs have been no more than novelty products from my experience. Look up some of the offerings and see for yourself. From their drill motor EMAXX kits to that Bombardier thing.. all just seem like ideas that need further development at the very least.

The picture posted with ESC mounted where the stock body would never fit on again.. If you were advertising a design, would you post a pic like that..? It wouldn't be too much trouble to move the XL ESC back to the chassis brace between the batteries and even cut out the "front widshield" of the XBE lexan body and shoe goo some metal screen material in there for cooling.

Cain

yeah, I was wondering about that but wasn't sure exactly how the body fit and all.

I guess I will need to do a bit more research on whose mount to use.

Thanks again.

DemonRC

I ordered my 8mm pinions and he was sure to ask me if I wanted the hardened or unhardened pinion. I asked for hardened because they were already at 8mm. They have been holding up without any signs of wear. Also, I did test fit a CC XL ESC at the same location. It is close to the window but will still fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts