• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any solutions for breaking axel in diff?

brad1161

Still breaking the axel diff cups. Where the pin goes thru to hold the sun gear. I have baja tires but like the mt tires. Been awhile and was hoping for an upgrade by now

brad1161

Was not jumping it. I threw it away so no pic. It broke at the pin hole where it holds the sun gear in the diff case. Sleeved cup would not of helped. It's a weak point were the pin goes threw the axel

alfred e numan

be better to run the baja tires and take it easy on the rig like idly said, nurse the r-c carefully until the better cups come up for sale. drive smooth until then.

Ildy666

Yea that's where they break inside the diff.

Try to temper them that's what I did

Sleeves are for keeping them from splitting externally ...

brad1161

Factory should temper them. Why should I put around so it don't break. This is where redcat gets a bad rap

Ice_2k

Any solutions for breaking axel in diff?

Maybe because a Redcat doesn't cost as much as a Losi? :)

Btw, are you running with stock power? Seems weird to break transmission parts without jumping.

brad1161

a center diff would fix most of these problems

alfred e numan

any brand of cars gonna break. big factor on wear on the running gear is the tires-wheels being out of balance. just put the car on a stand - engage the clutch and it looks like the cars trying to tear its self apart. what adds to the imbalance big time is trail trash that gets inside the hubs, rocks- snow, heck, i have even had dried up dog turds weged in there !! what would be a huge improvement would be to fabracate a cone inside the wheels, thats the easy part. the hard part is finding a super glue that bonds to dislike materals. i have yet to find a bonding agent that works on nylon.-- before they became nearly impossable to afford or even find them-- i sprung for a bunch of GRP tires. bunch being a big box of them. much lighter- less flywheel effect, no ghanging tires-wheels for me!! do enough of this around here as it is-- full sized car-trucks-- dirt bikes.

alfred e numan

i used to get sorta bent outa shape when people bring there dirt bike tires here, seen new tire cords torn, ripped, bent tire irons- holes in new tubes- blood stains on the rims- sproket teeth-- lol. i just really salt there wounds by this statement--- ya just gotta be smarter than the tire !!! then go ahead and change the darned things in about 1/4 hour or less-- should start classes-- painless tire changing 101. lol.

alfred e numan

back in the days gone by-- i was into modded tt 500-s, 11-5 to one pistons-- dell-orto pumper carbs-- aftermarket swingarms-- ect-- for hill climbing !! then, the tire of choice was 1st-- a Terraflex radial. I would rather changed truck split rims. 2nd choice was a yokamaha super digger 501. those were easy-- to change.

brad1161

alfred e numan said:
any brand of cars gonna break. big factor on wear on the running gear is the tires-wheels being out of balance. just put the car on a stand - engage the clutch and it looks like the cars trying to tear its self apart. what adds to the imbalance big time is trail trash that gets inside the hubs, rocks- snow, heck, i have even had dried up dog turds weged in there !! what would be a huge improvement would be to fabracate a cone inside the wheels, thats the easy part. the hard part is finding a super glue that bonds to dislike materals. i have yet to find a bonding agent that works on nylon.-- before they became nearly impossable to afford or even find them-- i sprung for a bunch of GRP tires. bunch being a big box of them. much lighter- less flywheel effect, no ghanging tires-wheels for me!! do enough of this around here as it is-- full sized car-trucks-- dirt bikes.
Wth are you talking about?

Ildy666

Alfred's trying to say imbalanced tires and wheels can cause stress on the driveline and lighter tires also help and make sure ur driveline is clear of debri.You just got to know how to translate Alfred's post...lol...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts