• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any ideas what caused this

andyken

Can only guess a pinched wire, loose connection, or bad servo.

Do the servo's still work? any damage to them?

If one was not plugged in all the way, it could heat up.

On the bright side, the rx is fairly cheap to replace.

Hope all you need is to replace the plugs and rx.

rcgasser

I think you would only need that if you are running a high power battery with just a 6 volt battery they should not be necessery somthing have just crossed some where in the wrring I have had it happen before also nevr found the reason why it happned just put in a new receiver fixed the wires that was messed up and no more problems.

GoffeeRedCat

Or looking at the pic...it looks like the power plug got the most heat!! I've only seen it a couple of time but it's not related to RCs , but the switch may have been shorted!! It could be that the switch wasn't fully engaged on or off, or like I said I've only seen it a couple times water may have completed a circuit in the switch it self!!

jtphillips23

The on off switch had been causing his killer bee to shut kick in for the last couple days so that could be the culprit. He just registered on here today so maybe he can chime in. Thanks guys!

MLSPURGE

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. I am new to the rc world. Just got my first mt from my buddy jtphillips23. My wife got it for me for Christmas!!

The culprit could very well be the switch, it is hard to tell. The only place that the wires would were melted is where they plugged into the rx. Between the killer bee switch, the rx and all the wires it is a very tight fit. I looked it over again this afternoon and didnt find any signs of chafed wires. I am gunna put a new switch on it and replace the plugs. Not sure what else to do, just want to try to prevent it from happening again.

Is there a way to test the servo to make sure it is not causing the problem?

larryo

This is what i am talking about,and this goes for all big torque servos that i have used and this is only my 2cents.And it is info that people just don't read about,and this happens and it sucks that we loose a rx over this.But it might not be the problem he has.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampage idiot

larryo said:
This is what i am talking about,and this goes for all big torque servos that i have used and this is only my 2cents.And it is info that people just don't read about,and this happens and it sucks that we loose a rx over this.But it might not be the problem he has.

Deluge and I both run that servo and neither one of us use that harness and I have never had a problem and I run my truck a long time between charges, when I got mine I was worried about that so I asked Deluge and he said he didnt use it so I never did, just my 2 cents, I have been running it like that for a year

rcgasser

I run that servo also and I seen that in the direcetions but I have never used a harness and nevr had any problems since I have been running this servo.

larryo

It's all kool, but for me it is like insurance just like the killer bee.And i hope you find out what did this to the rx and wires,i hope you didn't kill the servos because there not cheap by any means.

blak__jak

i had by the look of your pic's the same thing happen to my m/t. never for sure figured out what caused it but just fixed all wiring and replaced on/off switch and haven't had a problem since. pretty sure it was a bad switch because i had no pinched or bare wires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts