• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any Experience with the Zenoah G290RC 3.5 HP Engine (4-Bolt Topend)

Ted Hartman

Serious about replacing engines in 3 redcat's I own. Has anyone done the swap? Has anyone been around this engine (DDM's part number BB28X)? I would buy the black with carb, no clutch (chrome :) ; I assume the drive line is strong enough to take this engine? I really don't know how much HP and torque the stock 30cc engines produces.

Anyway, please let me know what you know

Thanks

Ted

G

It would be similar to the perforce in the stock engine. I don't think you would notice any gains. Good reliable motor. You will need to swap the flywheel cover and clutch case with your HY unites to mount it in the Redcats.

krebidoux

i disagree. the g290 is a power house. i run it in my baja. i have the flm wide arm conversion, i converted the 5b to a 5t running trencher tires and the 18/56 steel gear combo and it rips the grass apart. i had it in my bosses field last week and it pulled wheelies easily. definitly recomend the g290.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts