• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Another Steering Servo Gone!!!

noyb98098

Apparently I have the only MT that eats up steering servos within 20mins of play! This is my 5th one!! 2 HPI Baja Servo's 1 Stock Redcat Servo, and 2 Hitech HS-5745MG High Torque servo's! What the Fudge!!!! My steering isnt tight either turns freely as heck off the ground but as soon as ride it out burned out they go. I have the Nomadio React remote which and my endpoints are set 98. What the heck am I missing!???? :confused: Had the baja ss for a year and never had one problem with the steering servo and never had to touch the end points on my Futaba Remote, is it the weight of the wheels or something??

kryptonite

oh man.. i would have to guess its your end points. i know you check them, but 5 servo's? do you set your end points the same on both sides as you stated its at 98.. also rechecking end points with every servo is important. are you blowing them in the sense of stripping them or are you burning them out? also were is your servo saver set at? could be that too, but i would guess its your endpoints.. not so familur with the nomadia, but also check to make sure your not running analog servos on the digatil setting. those radios are pretty complex.

noyb98098

This last one just stopped working completely. I'm assuming it was burned out. What level should me end points be at?? If I go lower than 90 the turn radius is horrible. Servo saver is still in stock position.

noyb98098

Ok, I've loosened up my servo saver just about all the way to the top, where are most of you guys running yours? It was about half way down prior to the last servo giving up on me.

kryptonite

i took a small zip tie around the top so it wont unscrew all the way. mines pretty lose that way. i also have my end points set pretty low. it turns like i was pulling a 52' trailer.

Piranha2

Contributor
Piranha2 said:
I turned mine down a little and then put a zip-tie around the threaded shaft, it still allows the saver to work well and doesn't let it back all the way up and I still have plenty of steering. Well, at least that's how a "HACK" would do it :D
You don't say...?

mooman007uk

Banned
noyb I got the react also and on my MT (with limiting straps)with dual 5745's endpoints are 75 and 85 full lock to lock with no noise coming from the servos when cranked full over and on my tt (no straps as yet)with single digi 4 both endpoints are 65. At 98 I'd be burning out servos.

How are you setting the endpoint...truck on a stand with full droop or with the arms at ride height? if you set them with arms at ride height your servos will be straining at full droop, ie when turning full lock with lots of throttle,.....

there's slightly less lock at full droop compared to front arms being level to the ground...i set mine on the stand with arms drooping so lose a touch of lock while running but it's kinder to my servos.

noyb98098

Got it. Thanks, just took it out dropped my endpoits down to 70. Nothing broke! Only thing that happened was damn screws came loose from my Sprint77 Dom.. Aside from that I happy. Had to borrow a servo from my new MCD build though! Thanks for all of the replies. :)

Piranha2

Contributor
pwaicon said:
I posted this on another forum and thought I would post it hear also. I have read where a few members have experienced exhausts coming loose. Since doing this I have not had an exhaust come loose. What I do is drill some holes in your exhaust bolts, install as usual, and then run wire through the holes. It is simple, very effective, and easily removed.
View attachment 999 View attachment 1000 View attachment 1001
noyb98098....Have you tried this?

And Kryp, I was just being a Mass-hole, I actually took your suggestion (for someone else) and adjusted my carb, (1st time since I bought it) I turned the High speed needle in 1/8 of a turn....WOW...what a difference, Thanks K-fed :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts