• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Another Drive Train Issue

noyb98098

My center differential keeps locking up on my MT between the front/rear drive pinion and the transmission gear. But I cant figure out why.. Any suggestions? Also, this was driven on the pavement when it happened. :confused:

flint mann

Sprint stole my thunder lol, I have "seen" that also. My fix was to take the grub screws out and replace them with allen head bolts. There is a problem with this fix though, when the rotors wear down adjustments can only be made by putting in longer allen bolts. I am going to get some longer grub screws and put a nylock nut in front of them locking them in place till adjustments are necessary.

noyb98098

flint mann said:
Sprint stole my thunder lol, I have "seen" that also. My fix was to take the grub screws out and replace them with allen head bolts. There is a problem with this fix though, when the rotors wear down adjustments can only be made by putting in longer allen bolts. I am going to get some longer grub screws and put a nylock nut in front of them locking them in place till adjustments are necessary.
Seems my issues was that they were vibrating out forcing the lock down on the breaks, I put some blueloctite on'em so we'll see if they'll hold.

flint mann

That was the issue I was having as well I didn't know how well loctite would work becuase the grub screws aren't getting any torque at all just sitting in there basically loose.

noyb98098

flint mann said:
That was the issue I was having as well I didn't know how well loctite would work becuase the grub screws aren't getting any torque at all just sitting in there basically loose.
After 20mins with the MT in the dirt I had zero issues with the brakes. Loctite seems to be holding them in there.

flint mann

Coolness!!! haven't had any problems either have had my tt out a couple times so far no brake fade

Sprint 77

Contributor
Yeah flintmans car is where I got the info from. I just thought with Flintman's weird work hours you might be scratching a hole in your head trying to figure it out before flint got a look at the thread. Thanks for verifying the info flint, lets try to learn these new kids right. LOL

flint mann

lol sprint I know that i was pullin my hair out trying to figgure the problem out lol I was going to comment on the other thread becuase it reminded me of the symptoms that I had then saw this thread and the comments and put in my own couple pennies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts