• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Angled air filter riser plate

AKILLEEZ

Thinking of making a plate to tilt my air filter up for clearance its an hpi filter on a redcat MT wondering what material to use thinking about copper due to heat dissipation any thoughts?

AKILLEEZ

The other thing is im running a stock MT will it benefit that engine? Is anyone selling these thats closer to Oregon?

RaMpaGeMuLiShA

You welcome. Yea I understand I enjoy it Aswell. But for me I work 12 hours a day so I have Lil time to fab stuff up like that makes it easier when someone can just buy a proven product that they need.

RaMpaGeMuLiShA

I've never Owned a mt but the motors are the same in the gas line up. I Donno about performance wise because I put it on when I bought the 990 carb.it Maybe someone else can chime in and give you a definite answer

G

AKILLEEZ said:
The other thing is im running a stock MT will it benefit that engine? Is anyone selling these thats closer to Oregon?
A good mid-blead pipe, an 8k clutch, and a walbro 990. :D

G

AKILLEEZ said:
I picked up the 8k spring cant afford a pipe just yet lol also what about the 36cc take off carb still has choke and better flow then stock? thoughts? also its only 16 bucks
I've never tried one. I'm not sure how it is different than our HY carb.

G

The factory carb is fine unless you start to have trouble with it. The only real performance gain is the elimination of the slight lag when the carb transitions from the low to high needle. It isn't a bolt on and get more hp kind of upgrade.

AKILLEEZ

RCDAD said:
The factory carb is fine unless you start to have trouble with it. The only real performance gain is the elimination of the slight lag when the carb transitions from the low to high needle. It isn't a bolt on and get more hp kind of upgrade.
Thanks for the info

Ildy666

Looks like the.stock carb. On all the redcats.probably same as the one u have already.990 is a great carb. like RCDAD said not a horsepower adder just smoother transitionfrom low to high...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts