• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Alvaspeed Rampage TT

AlvaSpeed

Thanks.

Engine is stock except for 8k clutch spring, billet air filter, light flywheel and DDM pipe.

Also I put the clutch bell and support from the upgrade package.

The engine revs more faster and leaves hard from a dead stop.

I am waiting for some othe upgrades to arrive.

IMADMAN

Are you running (+) Positive chamber in the front? (tires lean away from the buggy)? Or is it just the angle of the pic?

Nice job on the paint, hope to see some video soon. :D

AlvaSpeed

It is probably the photo angle.

But I will check the camber angle tomorrow.

AlvaSpeed

When it was stock it was kind of slow off the line. Like a 4 cylinder with a big turbo.

Then i installed a DDM pipe. Big improvement from mid to top. faster off the line but not nitro fast.

Then I installed a lightweight flywheel, 8k rpm clucth spring and billet air filter.

Now it is nitro fast out off the line.

it is like a 1/8 nitro only bigger. I am very happy with it.

Raced it against a 30.5 Baja from a standstill and left him in the dust. No contest.

The Baja was faster on the top end for sure (we did some rolling starts)

Then I swapped the A and B gears because I was topping out very quickly and it was faster but going uphill you could see that it could use more motor.

I could have bought a race motor from the beggining but I am doing the improvements in stages just to learn more about the car and to tease the Baja guys.

They know whats coming.

Also the TT outhandles the Baja in braking and turning by far.

i even drove it in 2wd mode when I lost a front diff cup and it was more controllable than the baja that I was racing with.

Now I am going to install a 28.5 race ported top end first and then a race carb.

Well see what happens.

vifrio

Hey AlvaSpeed!...

So you wanna tease us Baja guys, well you know I just bought my own Rampage from you so you better get ready to eat my dust!. ;)

My Oneill Bros 30.5 ported is on its way too!.

But it is true, the Baja is a great car but the Rampage is just a different beast...

kryptonite

hey, if you cant beat us, buy a ramp and join us.. trying to beat a tt around the track with a 5b is like bringing a cap gun to a pistol fight.. :D

AlvaSpeed

Thanks.

I just added a 27.2 ESP race engine, Hitec servos, drive cup savers, HPI boots and Redcat piggy bag shocks.

Have not had the time to fully test all the new stuff.

DemonRC

vifrio said:
Hey AlvaSpeed!...
So you wanna tease us Baja guys, well you know I just bought my own Rampage from you so you better get ready to eat my dust!. ;)

My Oneill Bros 30.5 ported is on its way too!.

But it is true, the Baja is a great car but the Rampage is just a different beast...
I had a chance to run an ONB 30.5 when my buddy and I did a temporary swap for my DS 26. It's a freaking beast. He wheelies his Baja with a Jetpro V3 which is notorious for having a crappy low end. One thing I would like to mention is that that motor runs almost too fast. He was blowing stuffed cranks like crazy. I think he went through 4 of those engines within 3 months. He ended up going to an ESP 27.2 because of it.

vifrio

He was blowing stuffed cranks like crazy. I think he went through 4 of those engines within 3 months. He ended up going to an ESP 27.2 because of it.
Those are really bad news!... :(

I have a 30.5cc ESP and has worked very well for me, never blown anything.... I hope this one is the same...

Anyway, if your friend was doing wheelies in his baja, he was probably using stock gearing or close, I think that using a 20/54 gearing like I do on my baja he would not rev the engine so fast and probably not blow the crank so frequently... I am not sure about this, it just makes sense to me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts