• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

alum cage?

kryptonite

does the rampage alum roll cage help stiffin the chassis, or just for the looks?

RampageHopUps

It helps a little, but since its not bolted on, it won't really stiffen it like you want. If you drill and tap the ends, then you would get much more strength.

kryptonite

RampageHopUps said:
It helps a little, but since its not bolted on, it won't really stiffen it like you want. If you drill and tap the ends, then you would get much more strength.
thanx, i will see what it looks like when i get it. i might drill and tap. i think its more of the cool factor. i think it looks great on the "demo" pic that i saw..

kryptonite

mooman007uk said:
kryp have a go at fabbing one, I'm working on one and clubin has fabbed up a nice front section.
it would be nice but i just don't hav to equipment to make it as perfect as o want. my fab tools consist of a dremel and a drill press:mad:

C.B.

my aluminum cage broke didnt even crash or roll just finished running and the thing was falling apart im going to try and fab 1 myself or see if sprint is doing that

kryptonite

C.B. said:
my aluminum cage broke didnt even crash or roll just finished running and the thing was falling apart im going to try and fab 1 myself or see if sprint is doing that
were did it break on the bead? do you have a tt or mt?

Sprint 77

Contributor
Here is some pics Rob has a good one on here too of the one I made for him.

Rampage cage 008.jpg

Rampage cage 012.jpg

/monthly_2008_10/583c605562cc3_Rampagecage008.jpg.1ff1c51522cbedd660ff9f87a363c35f.jpg

/monthly_2008_10/583c605564117_Rampagecage012.jpg.bced34b2934cf2c388ce29e30d52cec4.jpg

C.B.

kryptonite said:
were did it break on the bead? do you have a tt or mt?
its the redcat aftermarket and it broke where it screws together with the hoop it was just really thin and weak where the screw goes through it

kryptonite

hmm. i guess i will have to see then.. i ordered it anyway. it looks awsome, and im not hard on my rig, not saying you are:p.

kryptonite

well here it is. it doesn't really do anything stiffen up the chassis. it really doesn't do anything for the durability either. hoping someone doesn't buy one thinking they can bash with out a shell. it will suite me just fine and looks absolutly killer. a couple more peices and everything is going out to get re-anad.. am still up in the air about what color tho.. was thinking white. but may risk the mocking and heckles and go with pink.. my company color.. hey, if i sponsor myself i could right it off:rolleyes:

rampage hop ups 004.jpg

rampage hop ups 015.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/583c6055a8f43_rampagehopups004.jpg.ac9fe6f4acec3a2778a6dfb196ab0c29.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/583c6055aa51c_rampagehopups015.jpg.c0fa4d330bc820dfba851f98220e5d47.jpg

IMADMAN

kryptonite said:
it would be nice but i just don't hav to equipment to make it as perfect as o want. my fab tools consist of a dremel and a drill press:mad:
LOL! I have almost the same tools- Dremel, hand drill, misc. saws, punches and the ever handy 3lb. sledgehammer! I think I do OK, though. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts