• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Airtronics MX3FG FHSS 2

hamster huey

FHSS 2 is Airtronics newest 2.4ghz which improves on their original. Version 2 is supposed to have even better range, no servo compatibility probs, and receiver compatibility between the MX3 FHSS2 and M11 FHSS2. After 5 tanks I am happy to report not one problem with the new FHSS2 MX3FG system I put in. Range is great even when Monster Big Truck is a speck I still have full control. I run 2 digital servos, one with a Y, and both rand great. The RX does not have a BEC which I like so the throttle brake gets as much power as it wants. The MX3FG does not have is a built in timer or a backlight though. Goodbye Spektrum! I got the MX3FG tx with an FHSS2 rx new for $160 shipped so these are good upgrades for the Monster Big Truck. They also have a large model memory and super easy to use menu.

kryptonite

hamster. im glad you got that fixed and you seem happy with the resoults. it sucks becouse the spectrums are really cool and have sweet features. some would say its a down grade to go from a spectrum to a mx-3, but i don't agree. its a good radio with super good signal. i went from the specky to the mx-3 and then switched to futaba. i had absolutly no issues with the mx-3 and really liked it. just simply donated it to a kid that needed it. my 3pm was a gift from wifey so no loss. you'll get used to not having a backlight, but in the sun its hard to see. no biggy. glad you got it all sorted out. its a great peice of mind to know your rigs are safe..

jigawatt

Its a nice radio... I bought one soon as they were "in stock" for the first time, even snagged a $50 off promotion. Good deal none the less... I've never seen a reason to go Spektrum, and after having an MX-3S in the past, I see no need to even make the switch anymore!

DemonRC

Went from Spek > MX3 > 3pm and 3pk here also. The only reason I got off the MX3 was because the 3pk looked so cool. Other than that the MX3 was a great system.

jigawatt

I can attest to the durability and quality of a MX-3S! It turns out that I left it in the car throughout the whole winter. Here in MN, we saw plenty of negative numbers consecutively, works like a charm!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts