• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

airtronics m11x or futaba 4pk

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have 1 of each. I think it is more of a persanal feel. I like them both and both have the same features. The menu controls a little easier to navigate on the M11 I think.

The price is less on the M11 and now the have the new 2.4 Dual antenna technology I think it is the best value.

Sprint 77

Contributor
If you choose the M11 make sure it is a FHSS technology NOT the DSSS technology 2.4 there is some selling the discontinued DSSS systems which are OK but the recievers are not going to be available soon if you need one for another model.

hamster huey

Airtronics has fhss, fhss2, and fhss3, and dss. The latest editions are fhss2 and fhss3. I run fhss2 (sport and mx3) and it works great w/large scale. Great range and no glitching. I have no reason to step up to the m11,m8,3pk,or 4pk becuase my sport and mx3 work great. I have owned a 3pk before and loved it also. I would choose the 4pk over the m11 because the m11 feels clunky to me and I don't like the button locations. I would choose the 4pk IF I personally could verify it works flawless w/ 1/5 scale. I tried spectrum which alot of people recommend and had nothing but problems with multiple receivers and multiple transmitter so thats why Im weary of buying something before trying it.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have had the spektrum in my M8 and M11 and hated it in large scale it had no range lost my baja twice.

I do like the feel of my 4PKS , I just had the M8 so long going to the M11 was natural. Some don't like it . I suggest you find a buddy with one or hobby shop and see what it feels like in your hand. I use the dual rate a lot while yellow is out in quarter scale racing and I like the M11 placement of the dual rate trim.

Don't let the LHS tell you the Futaba does more than the M11 they both have way more features than you will ever need for 1/5 scale even if you went to four wheel independent front and back bias disc brakes.

timsted

i've been running a 4pk for just over a year, and still haven't found a use for all it's features. the biggest problem is getting enough receivers, i have 9, which means i have a few rc's waiting for receivers. i have yet to have a radio caused control problem, and it's in boats, gassers, nitros, and brushless vehicles. between the two, it'll come down to feel, looks and price, as both are solid systems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.