• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filters

Guantanamo Joe

Gentlemen:

I posted this question as part of another thread, but nobody really answered it.

I was wondering if either of these filters is very good for the RamageXT or Dune Runner. Keeping in mind that there is not much sand here (though there is dust) I am looking to upgrade.

The K&N type filter

View attachment 5107

The Supercharger Scoop

View attachment 5108

Both filters have great CDI factor, but are they as functional? I have the same type K&N on my motorcycle, it would be cool to have a matching one for the Dunerunner.

Thanks for any info/advice you have.

cordy

The k&n is useless in dust,dirt,and mud,its good for show.I don't know about the scoop but it would be the better of the two.

Ildy666

I would go with the hpi or tgn.btw Who u calling gentlemen...lol.....

krashkrieg

Contributor
+1 on NO K&N for dirt / dust

I think you will have problems fitting that other one.

Stick with the HPI it's the proven one...get a TGN outer filter or outerwears and your good to go (you will have to cross linkage or use a shreadstack)

leetmodz

Guantanamo Joe said:
Gentlemen:I posted this question as part of another thread, but nobody really answered it.

I was wondering if either of these filters is very good for the RamageXT or Dune Runner. Keeping in mind that there is not much sand here (though there is dust) I am looking to upgrade.

The K&N type filter

View attachment 5107

The Supercharger Scoop

View attachment 5108

Both filters have great CDI factor, but are they as functional? I have the same type K&N on my motorcycle, it would be cool to have a matching one for the Dunerunner.

Thanks for any info/advice you have.
The blower filter looks pretty stupid if you ask me. As said already K&N filters suck for offroad, but look sexy. HPI baja filter is the best of the best IMO.

Redcat Phenom 101

MCD Filter

I recently purchased a MCD filter for my XB and it fitted perfectly on my buggy. It didn't interfere with the servos either. The only thing I had to do was cut a hole in my body to let it stick out because it's so big, but overall I think the MCD filter is the best air filter to put on an XB. But I also recommend to put a pre-filter on it too. Keeps the mud off of it. RRV44.jpg

alfred e numan

k-n filter

Hold the k-n filter up to sunlight, then look into the hole- you will see hundreds of little pin sized lights shining tru the cotton media. Then, drop kick the filter back into the box it came in- Each one of these little shafts of light you see will be a scratch on your engines bore--- we all are just trying to save your engine.

sirmonte

alfred e numan said:
Hold the k-n filter up to sunlight, then look into the hole- you will see hundreds of little pin sized lights shining tru the cotton media. Then, drop kick the filter back into the box it came in- Each one of these little shafts of light you see will be a scratch on your engines bore--- we all are just trying to save your engine.
Lol :D .

I use the stock one on my XB. I am just going to put an outerwears cover on it. I just make sure that after every run I clean the filter. So far I have had no problems.

johnbombzjovi

i ran the k&n on my 5b and ya blew the motor! stock with outerwear is best i think, now we just use the k&n to kick around the yard when were not running lol..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts