• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filters

Aundre3000

I want to know if the K&N filter or another like it makes a big diff. in perfomance.

I have talked to people and they say the HPI baja filter is the best can yall tell me what will give the best performance.

Also I see that a good many of you all like the Jetpro pipe over the CPI.

Why?

(rear mounted jetpro pipe)

lightning73

Depends on where you run your vehicle. If your gonna be running off-road or in "dusty" conditions than a k&n filter isnt the best filter to be using. The k&n is better suited for on road conditions because yes it does breathe better than other filters, but the better breathing comes at the price of less filtration.

In dusty or sandy conditions the baja filter is the way to go.

firefighter9780

i just have a small question everyone on here says that k&n filters are not made for the sand or dusty conditions and that makes me wonder where everyone gets the information from. i have been running k&n filters on my quads trucks and mud racers and all have outerwear pre filters and the mud racer also has a foam filter around the main filter. all of these things also run up at silver lake and it doesn't get much sandier than there and i have never had a problem with sand dirt or mud getting through a k&n filter. just wondering your thoughts

lightning73

I remember reading a thread about k&n`s several months ago that a member on here started. I cant remember exactly who it was, but he had a fairly new MT and upgraded his filter to the k&n. Shortly after that he started to notice he was losing power and compression, when he took his motor apart he found there was sand and dirt in the carb, which of course cooked his topend also. He posted a few pics of it and I remember tellin myself "Im not gonna be using a k&n anytime soon"....lol

DemonRC

Aundre3000 said:
I want to know if the K&N filter or another like it makes a big diff. in perfomance.(rear mounted jetpro pipe)
Any performance gain you get will be short lived after it let's dirt in your engine. It's a fact that it will let dirt in. I would run one onroad though. Just not offroad.

firefighter9780

we have had them so caked in dirt that it is almost cutting of the air to the motor but still no dirt has ever got in to our motor (knock on wood) but we are still running pre filters also. i think it may be all in how you take care of them we wash ours quite often and i also do with my onroad k&n 's too so i would try one if o had a small enough one to do it but i will keep running my hpi until i find a good deal on one to try it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts