• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

air filter

andyken

Are there outerwear filters or better filter / materials? for the xb?

Most other filters look like a cone style and then the body wouldn't fit without cutting out the window?

Deluge

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

RCDAD said:
I have some of these as well. The body can squish the tip down so you won't have to cut your body. I like the 5ive version nice and compact. The problem with the HPI filter on the XP is the plastic end. It will not fit under an XB body.
I must have 6 or 8 of these, use the 2 stage most of the time- I keep 2 of these 2 stages ready to go in a big baggie. same with the 3 stages. I became tired as heck of the gasoline to clean these filters- so, I use No-Toil on these- I never put the filters in the washing machine to clean- some folks do- I think it will hammer them- and the washing machine also-the pump. When it does eventually become a total dust bowl here- I will keep a very close eye on this No-Toil. The standard for a dirt bike in talcum dust is Maxima FFT.- Our cars are right on the ground- you ever use the FFT and get it on your self - I know of no other filter oil like this stuff- It takes gas to clean- then after it dries- another cleaning with Dawn soap- or simple green- I am talking about the DT1 clamp on -- just saying----

Deluge

andyken said:
Thank you! Also looking at a 990 carb...just doesn't seem to get very high rpm's stock...?
The 990 is a great carb. Keep in mind that once you get a pipe, the performance will be much better. Right now you're probably running the stock exhaust, which is very restrictive and basically garbage.

andyken

Deluge said:
The 990 is a great carb. Keep in mind that once you get a pipe, the performance will be much better. Right now you're probably running the stock exhaust, which is very restrictive and basically garbage.
I have a jet pro pipe

Deluge

How's the tune? The 30.5 is a torque engine, so it's not going to scream like a 27.2. You can try gearing up a bit to gain some top end. Acceleration will suffer, though.

andyken

I have a jet pro pipe...before I fouled the plug, it ran ok, a bit boggy an not much top end....will get a ngk plug and see what happens. I did just win a 990 carb on ebay.

andyken

Got it running...but.

1 1/8 on H needle ...and about 3/4! on L needle?

plenty of smoke, maybe prev owner mashed the screw in?

Also found bearing failed on b/c gear and egg shaped the bearing hole. :(

Deluge

That's certainly a possibility. Back the needle all the way out and check it. If it has a groove worn into the tip, that'll cause tuning issues. Your fuel mixture could be too rich, as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts