• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air filter

RampageHopUps

This air filter is the only one so far that fits nicely:

af289 - Short Stack Uni Air Filter (1.75" height)

I will post pics tommorow of it mounted. There is a roll cage bar in front of the carb, so the usual Baja filter or FG filters will not fit.

Just_Gerald

Stock baja will fit, just have to remove the one bar in the rollcage. didn't affect the strength too badly

thats what i did, i will not run unifilters, saw 4 engines go with people using them, and with the stock redcat filter, i had dust in the carb after the first 10 min run.

M

magnum57

the unifilter fits sweet. oil it good and you wont have any problems. :D

ini1a.jpg

/monthly_2008_06/ini1a.jpg.a397d209e82f2404ec8524b527103b02.jpg

hellya

I use a firehammer airfilter...$16.99 its just like the Baja airfilter ...hpi might of got the idea from this

Look at the mud and dirt in these photos

...................................................now look at the inner filter.....clean as a whistle:) I bet the carb is clean too

Last edited by a moderator:

hellya

RampageHopUps said:
I'll have to ask the roll cage guys to give us a hoop to protect it and give us more room.
That would be a great add on

redcatmt

hey guys

Will the DDM or Python motor sports billet fit .....will not be running much in dirt .......well maybe alittle:D

thanks

John

Shiny

I say Remove the bar and go with HPI filter and a prefiler. If it is too sandy go for HPI + Redneck + Prefilter.

Did the same with Gas Devil / Titan the bar was in the way.

Shiny

I think you have to make sure the metal cage will not have that optical. It can make the difference in liking it and hating it.

RampageHopUps

The first 2 metal cages will protect the motor. Then, eventually, the full cages will be fabricated with the hoop taken out. I should have the HBZ cage in the next week.

chefjness

I just put the HPI filter on and it rubs against the throttle servo arm and linkage....does not look good...how is everyone else having success with this?

-john

chefjness

see what I mean...

The throttle servo 'does" get by but it clips the black filter cap there on the end as it swings forward and back.

airfilter.jpg

Timmahh

hey Rob, what about using a stand off like Yamadude is doing with the Baja linkages?

that would put the linkage itself about 1/4 inch away from the side of the filter housing and allow the linkage to stay stright.

Shiny

RampageHopUps said:
I just notice in the picture, putting the linkage on the bottom of the arm may be perfect. I'll have to check if it clears the rod.
I was thinking the same. But with bending the rod in a Z shape. If you now what I mean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts