• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

air filter

alfred e numan

v-stack and filter

This is the same set up i installed on x-b buggy, 30cc motor. plenty of room for the stock throttle set up on this bug, on this rig - the .75, short v-stack did not have enough diameter for the choke to operate- the tall one you linked to fits ok -the choke works. In my humble opinion the carb to engine insulator is a air leak waiting to happen, so i ordered the metal with 2 teflon gaskets - cannot find the part#, if ya choose to buy this puppy pay close attention to the little air hole on the teflon parts, and also the bolt lengiths as to not bottom out and strip threads. As for the filter, i bought 2 triple foam ones, its not rained here in north-east Oregon for over 5 months. The filter boot to v-stack fit is somewhat loose, I matched the filter boots grrves to the v-stacks- from the edge of the filter to the side of the v-stack that goes to the carb- i measured 5mm. The folks a DDM are very sharp on all these things -nice folks with rocket fast shipping-usps is 2 days to pilot rock Oregon! I am new to this hobby- There are dozens of experts on this site that may suggest otherwise. this set up works on a xp- and fit my buget- Enjoy!

James1996

can you post the stuff you brought for your buggy to install the air filter like the stack, filter, bolts and gasket

alfred e numan

bolts ---

James, on my buggy the factory filter is a short round plastic housing- the factory filter to carb bolts fit correct with the long v-stack you linked to, the after market intake manifold comes with 2 hi grade bolts-flat-lock washers- I forgot to mention this last post -- Too many iorns in the fire this evening --thats valad!! gotta go--

James1996

so what i am going to use the links posted on the forum will work and i don't have to buy anything else to fit it correct

alfred e numan

James- here are part#s for ddm- av540-ada rc manifold- color-silver. $29.95 af310-tall velocity stack. af313-velocity stack gasket- 3 for $6.00 af371-dt1 large scale rc foam filter -triple flo-- 2 for $38.00. This is from DDM Racing in Draper, UT. as i said before- the factory bolts that hold the air box to the carb will work- speaking of work, I gotta hit the hay- sleep- 4:00 am comes early in this neck of the woods!!

Deluge

Are you buying two air filter setups? The HPI filter will work. All you need to do is flip the throttle/brake linkages to prevent rubbing, or you could buy the angled Shreadstack and not worry about flipping the linkages.

TeamPhatDad-RC Inclined ShreadStack (Velocity Stack)

If you're looking to run a clamp-style air filter, the velocity stack you linked will work. At least I think that's what you linked, I get a dead page when I click on it. But I searched ihp2050, and that's what came up.

Personally, I'd stick with the HPI filter. It's proven to be reliable. The K&N-style filters are more for onroad applications.

Deluge

Yes, that's all you need. Yes, the filter is mounted using a clamp.

EDIT: You might need longer carb bolts for the velocity stack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts