• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

air filter setup question

jared86

i am relatively new to 1/5 scale rc. i hav noticed that its pretty well unanimous that no one likes the rampage air filter setup. i see every1 using the 5b filter or one of those cone filters. my question is why does no one like the stock filter setup and what is the benefits of using either the 5b filter or a cone filter?

G

It all depends on how much you drive in the dirt. All the guys that race or do hardcore bashing would prefer the Baja filters. The cone are ok but can get caked with a layer of dirt. The cone style leak a little as well, which means dirt can get in. The stock filter also can leak and has a small surface area.

rcgasser

1+ rc dad after running on the track with the stock filter after half a tank the stock filter is already caked with dirt not good for the engine.

jared86

so does either filter add any power or is it just the breathability benefit of the 5b filter or cone style?

rcgasser

Does not add any power just makes it where you can get good clean air to your engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts