• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air filter original or change

nicotipito

Hi! I want to change the air filter and buy a conical air filter. Someone used the engines. What is the performance?

It is better to use the original or change it?

The conical air filter so I have to adapt.

G

The K&N style are only for on road applications. The HPI Baja filter or the DT1 are both foam filters and will provide much better protection.

Motakitty

I had a conical kind at first but read that they don't filter that great so I got a tgn dt1 filter cause I read all the great reviews on it. You'll need a velocity stack with either one so the performance is gained there. I can't really say on the exact performance cause I did so many upgrades to the motor all at once but someone will say I'm sure

G

You can twist it to the side a bit. It is the only aftermarket filter that I could find that would fit under the body.

RampageShop

My understanding is that the air filter won't have much of an effect on power / performance but you want to select one with the best filtering ability (Dt1 or stock HPI)

Am I correct about this?

nicotipito

buy a conical air filter, but I have to adapt my rampage.

anyone have a photo to view it.

twissted

Banned
This is my first gas so I;m new to it. I just bought the losi 5ive and the filter seems good and I have a lot of power with only a pipe added. You may want to look at a losi piece.

G

The 5ive filter is huge in diameter. It would hit the servo linkages on a Redcat.

Kaceno

My vote goes to the dt1. Fits under the body and doesn't interfere with the throttle linkage. also it doesn't pop apart mid-run like the stock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts