• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

air filter oil?

kryptonite

in a pinch i used really heavy diff lube. its pretty sticky and didnt wash out very well, but intill you can order something i would try that.

Lizardking

These engines are cheap- not a dirt bike. Use WD-40 or some other type of oil that has some sticky to it. If you ruin an engine who cares- rebuild it.

kryptonite

Lizardking said:
These engines are cheap- not a dirt bike. Use WD-40 or some other type of oil that has some sticky to it. If you ruin an engine who cares- rebuild it.
im not really sure its the money as you can get 500+hours out of a mill, but more of the hassle of being down for a week just for a 10min run. and wd-40 wont do much. rather use shock oil. worse come to worse just put some grease on it

kryptonite

Lizardking said:
WD-40 is like gold......lol Point is to much thought going into such a simple issue. Pretty much any type of sticky oil will work.
ya i know, but theres not so many other posts, so i'll beat the hel out of this one...LOL..

try using the sweet and sour souce that comes with your chinesse take out. EWW!!

jigawatt

never use K&N oil, especially on FOAM AIR FILTERS... that stuff is for a completely different filter. I use IPONE filter oil in a spray, works wonders and the can lasts a long time.

kryptonite

im in the process of making my own air filter oil. ive been bored. but its suprisingly turning out good. super sticky but not too thick. im trying to change the color of it couse its black. there is this guy that sells petroleum and oil base products for all kinds of things around were i live and he's helping me out.. should be interesting

edit: the sweet & sour souce didnt work... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts