• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aftermarket Air Filters

Chief409

With the stock air filter, it interfered with the linkages to the throttle and brake. With a DT1 filter I gained two things, no more interference with the servo linkage, and MUCH better filtration.

002.jpg

Ildy666

Hey chief if u get a small 1" round by3" long spring put it inside the filter this will help the filter from collapsing on itself...provides better air flow...

alfred e numan

yea, it gives the filter more dead air space. you can also get a clear 35mm film container and cut one end out- drill a bunch of holes- remove ALL the little plastic flashing burrs and round off the edges- I have the 2 and 3 stage filters.- I use the 2 stage 90% of the time- more dead air space.

Chief409

Here I'm running in talcum powder, or sand when we go to the beach so I have the 3 layer DT1. Love these things, the only filters I've seen that match dirt bike filters.

I was planning to mount the GPS on the DR today and post another YouTube video, but I'm down with the flu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryneito

Im using a baja filter. All i did was switch the throttle and brake linkage around so they make a X. Trimmed the ear on the servo and made a new hole for brake linkage. This is with a 1 inch mani and 990a carb...

alfred e numan

Chief409 said:
Here I'm running in talcum powder, or sand when we go to the beach so I have the 3 layer DT1. Love these things, the only filters I've seen that match dirt bike filters.I was planning to mount the GPS on the DR today and post another YouTube video, but I'm down with the flu.
Yep, it gets dry up here too, sometimes so bad that I change the filters after one tank of gas- do it in under 60 seconds- I keep a assortment of these dt-1 filters in a large zip-lok- oiled and ready.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts