• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

After a rocky start...things are good

emu67

Well, I have to say my initial introduction to the rampage buggy was underwhelming. It had a few faults in it...like a rear shock that didn't cycle, another shock that was actually a front one, a throttle servo that died within 10 minutes of being turned on, and a exhaust that pretty much chokes the life out of the engine.

Anyway, I fixed the broken shock, live with the rear shock that is a front, replaced the throttle servo with a hitec 645 that I had in a 1/8 scale, and took of that dumb stinger. Things are good now!

It's pretty agile going around a track designed for an 1/8 scale buggy...kind of like seeing that big football player dancing a Vienese Waltz on Dancing with the Stars. You can tell the buggy is huge just like that football player but it's pretty light on it's feet considering how big it is.

Man, I had a good time with the buggy. Too bad I bent a rear shock piston and took out the other shock piston "C" clip. Oh, my rear tires are starting to rip too. That track in Vegas is harsh on tires.

Alrighty, so my relationship with the Rampage is all good. Great vehicle. I can't wait for my X-Can to show up this Friday.

MOfroggy

Once the minor things that need fixing on the rampage are done it is a good truck for bashing.

You will probably end up with the steel gears eventually if you don't want to have to keep replacing the C and D gears.

How long are the stingers on the X-can you are getting?

emu67

I'm getting the silicon extender things that are about 6". I'm hoping the X-CAN works good with these on since I'd like to have the exhaust make it out of the buggy. I'll have to wait and see.

emu67

Yeah, just recieved my X-can today and installed it. The 6" silicones almost gets the exhaust off the buggy so we'll see how things go tomorrow. It's just too bad that my new shocks are coming Tuesday...I had to "borrow" a couple of blown out shocks from my tired, 2 year old Baja.

Hopups...I thought you were on vacation; how come your on the computer? aren't you supposed to be surfing or eating bon bons or something?

RampageHopUps

On vacation, but I have my blackberry with me. Right now, I am watching the kids surf in the freezing ocean. I won't go in for antoher few hours.

emu67

Just ran it this morning...the 28.5cc and x-can are sweet. Nice, snappy low end makes it perfect for running in a large-ish 1/8th scale track. I'm a happy camper...too bad the track is so hard and rocky that my rear tires ripped after 2 1/2 tanks of running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts