• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Adjust the rear and front traction?

waqr

Hi!

I`m about to purchase a Rampage/Maverick MT very soon. I have mainly driven 2wd trucks before and I really like to have my cars a bit oversteered and to be able to do wheelies on demand :) Since there is only a diff in the front and in the rear on the Rampage/Maverick MT, is it possible to get a more oversteered car by putting thicker oil in the rear differential or how do you adjust this?

ImminentFailure

It's a lot harder without a center diff. Heavier in the back will lessen rear traction, which can cause an oversteer effect. Making the back want to slide out a bit, and the front running thin for the tightest turning without 'pushing'out of the turn is your best bet.

I ran 3K front, 10K rear for a while.

-------------

Front

Thinner :

increases steering into corners (off-power)

if oil is too thin the steering may become inconsistent, especially it can lose forward traction (and steering) during acceleration out of corners

Thicker:

increases stability into corners during braking

increases steering on-power at corner exit

............................................................ .........................

Rear

Thinner:

increases cornering traction

increases steering into corner

Thicker:

decreases rear traction while cornering

reduces wheelspin

DemonRC

You won't get wheelies on demand with a 4wd especially the way our motors are setup. If you want a 4wd and wheelies I'd suggest a FG 4x4 with a good engine and Dominator torque pipe (not the high speed Dom). This is the only 4x4 I've ever wheelied on demand and it took a TS reed motor and a Dom torque pipe to do it. You won't like the way the car understeers on power in the corner though. Dam thing pushes like crazy.

waqr

DemonRC said:
You won't get wheelies on demand with a 4wd especially the way our motors are setup. If you want a 4wd and wheelies I'd suggest a FG 4x4 with a good engine and Dominator torque pipe (not the high speed Dom). This is the only 4x4 I've ever wheelied on demand and it took a TS reed motor and a Dom torque pipe to do it. You won't like the way the car understeers on power in the corner though. Dam thing pushes like crazy.
Hi!

I don`t plan to use the original engine that long. Firstly I will add a decent carb and a Dominator pipe and after that I will probably install a ported Zenoah 30,5 for more power. I understand that it might be hard to get the Rampage MT to wheelie but it sure would be nice to try :)

I have already had the FG so I thought I would try a bigger truck this time :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts