• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Adding carb cleaner to fuel????

98cruiser

can you add Carb cleaner to your fuel to help clean and maintain the carburator??? If so how much pur tank or can you just add to you gallon of gas so its already mixed each time you pour in gas to your truck???? thanks fellas!!!!!!!!! :confused:

krashkrieg

Contributor
never heard of anyone using carb cleaner, but if you can find 'no ethanol' infused gas it leads to less "gunk" in your carb. Also carbs are pretty easy to take apart and rebuild.

rampage idiot

If I remember correctly I beleive someone on here said carb cleaner could screw up the rubber diaphram in these carbs not sure but I think

Chief409

OBR and DDR recommend 91 octane gas, NO octane booster, for these engines. And avoiding high ethanol gas. Don't add anything to the gas which cuts the oil, you'll mess up any moving parts. Quickly.

Chief409

Stabl should be OK, but if you plan on not using the rig for 3 or 4 months, why not drain, pull the carb and blow it out? The gallon or so of fuel in a can would work to get a bonfire going while you're ice fishing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts