• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

? about the propline desperado wheels

str8jailbird

Hey folks, I was thinking about getting a set of Proline Desperados with the Bow ties. Do I just order the standard HPI Baja rear wheel hexes or do I have to order the Dark Souls adapters? I thought that the wheels went right on the Baja hexes but when I asked at DDM they said check here because they have no idea?!?!?!?!?!?

max 1

str8jailbird said:
hey Folks, I Was Thinking About Getting A Set Of Proline Desperados With The Bow Ties. Do I Just Order The Standard Hpi Baja Rear Wheel Hexes Or Do I Have To Order The Dark Souls Adapters? I Thought That The Wheels Went Right On The Baja Hexes But When I Asked At Ddm They Said Check Here Because They Have No Idea?!?!?!?!?!?
Get The Adapters They Will Go On The Hubs But They Are Slopy Fit.

The Desperados are a direct fit on the HPI Hexes, they are a sloppy fit if you were to use them with the stock Rampage hexes. Hope this helps...

flint mann

The prolines will fit the stock HPI hexes. I run stock 5b hexes on the front and ds extenders on the rear of my TT. I have ran the prolines on both front and back with no problems.

str8jailbird

flint mann said:
The prolines will fit the stock HPI hexes. I run stock 5b hexes on the front and ds extenders on the rear of my TT. I have ran the prolines on both front and back with no problems.
OK that is what I meant. I should have explained it better. I didn't intend to run them on the Ramp hexes as I know they are smaller, I wanted to know if the HPI hex hubs were a direct fit or if I needed to order the Dark Soul hexes. I can't see Pro-line making wheels for the 5B/T that required different hexex than what came on the 5B/T.

hamster huey

Baja hexes fit Rampage axles!

I have a Baja and Rampage so I had the parts to try this. The REAR 5B hexes/adapters fit all 4 corners of the Rampage with NO slop. I got on ebay and bought the REAR 5B axles/hexes for $13 a pair! So it was $26 shipped to convert to Baja hexes. Then I ran Desperado/Excavators but you need to change gearing if your swapping out MT tires for smaller diameter ones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts