• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A Spektrum?

topdog802

Spektrum DX2

Z270 and Z590M servos

SR3000 reciver : All for $169

I don't know much about radios. Is this good, if not what would u choose for under $200?

RampageHopUps

I used to love the sprektrums. I've been having some problems lately, so I switched to Futaba 3PM. That one works great for large scale.

hellya

topdog802 said:
Spektrum DX2
Z270 and Z590M servos

SR3000 reciver : All for $169

I don't know much about radios. Is this good, if not what would u choose for under $200?
Toss the servos.....you can get just the TX/RX on ebay I got mine for $125....now alls I have to buy is an additional RX for each vehicle

kryptonite

the dx2 is only a 2 channel. you are going to need a dx3 channel. (failsafe or kill switch) i had a problem with spectrum, but after getting rid of it, found out it was a bad reciever that was warranteed. my loss. i now run futaba 3pms. have not had one problem. recievers are in-expensive and they are really easy to operate.

RampageHopUps

topdog802 said:
Rob - i think im going to order my mt from u in a few days, how long are u selling upgrade kit with the truck?
thanks for the info on the radios
It will be there for a few weeks probably.

topdog802

thanks rob and as the radio ive done some reading and im going with a futaba 3PM. the failsafe is a good idea. what would failsafe would u go with

thanks for the help

kryptonite

some go with just a standard failsafe wich for the most part will be just fine. applies brake or just nuetral with low signal or battery, but from experiance i can sugjest you go with a pico style kill switch. it allows you to turn the motor off from the radio using the 3rd channel in the event of a runaway. wich is easly couse by sand, snow ,mudd or simply binding in the throttle linkage. with a 3pm you wont have to worry bout range and you can tell when the reciever pack is dieing. the most important thing to do is be able to turn your rig off in the event of trouble. a runaway rig can and serously will hurt someone. 25lbs at 40+ mph will break bones:eek: :eek:

mooky

Contributor
the dx2 is a good system no it doesn't have the third channel for a kill switch but if you set up the failsafe right you wont have a problem.

the rx suffered with a bad connection on the aeriel leading to problems but tbh you can pick up a receiver on flea bay for around £25 if there is a problem

mooman007uk

Banned
I've run a dx3 for a while with no problems...I like the radio, comfortable, good range and easy to set up but just had to buy a nomadio react cos I need 4 channels for my fg so I can have independant brake channels and a kill switch.

Only other 4 ch available I see is the 4pk for $400 which will be my next radio if the react takes a dump.

The spektrum I'll use as a spare for my rampage when wifey wants a go otherwise i'll use the react for both . I just hope I got a good un as 10% of reacts are returned for repair and it takes months....George Bush's (twat) wars are diverting their attention from making things for play to making things that slay:(

kryptonite

i have an mx-3. still in the box, have yet to use it. the recievers take a diffrent plug for the servo wich is no big deal, but for some reason i think its a far shot getting recievers for them. pretty sure they are discontinued.. the kill switch is a snap to hook up. it ties into your kill swith on the motor

M

magnum57

Your control system is probably the most important part of your RC. If your TX and RX are junk it’s all just a waist. Sounds like you’re ready to spend around $200.00 for a little more you get the best. I run the Futaba 3PK fasst for all my toys with no problems and the range is unreal. My RC truck and boats one system does it all. I have tried almost every control system out there. Futaba is the best. You don’t need control problems you’ll have enough problems without needing to worry about your radio. Go for the best you can afford. It pays in the long run.

The 3PK radio is designed with driver-friendly features such as a multi-position wheel, multiple menus, Direct Select for quick access, and much more.

Spread spectrum technology continues on the cutting edge of radio control, with Continuous Channel Shifting™, Pre-Vision™ scanning, Dual Antenna Diversity™ and Easy Link™ security among its many advantages.

Large, backlit LCD screen with adjustable contrast and 128 x 64 resolution.

"Direct Select" — single-button access to 8 pre-assigned functions

Choice of "New Driver", "Race-Ready", "Big" or "Expert" menus that offer easier programming for sport drivers and more advanced programming levels for competitors

Adjuster feature that restores compromised settings to Factory Default

Assignable switch and dial functions

Two programmable mixes for complex custom setups

Digital trims and dials with automatic electronic memory

Subtrims, servo reversing and EPA on all channels

Fail-safe and battery fail-safe

Easy conversion to right- or left-hand use

Double dual rates, exponential and adjustable servo speed

Up/Down, lap and system timers

Direct Servo Control (DSC)*

All this, in a system that weighs only 29 ounces!

This radio is also very easy to program and the tech support is Awesome.

kryptonite

one of the reasons why it is important to get the best quality radio that you can buy is becouse of the motors that we run. unlike nitro's and electrics, were you can safely run even an AM type radio or a 27mhz, our ignition systems on the 2 stroke creates a large amount of interferance. if you run an fm 27 mhz, like what comes stock in the 5b rtr, you will get a high amount of glitching right out of the box. its scary.. at the absolute least. you MUST run an FM 75mhz. i can run my futaba till i cant see it anymore, and still bring it back in one peice. futaba is tryed and true. they have been making radios since the 70's.

topdog802

i bought the airtronics b4 the reply because i just bought my mt. now i wish i got the futaba. am i going to need a special plugin from the servo to the reciver? if so where can i find it. i got a hitec 645 servo too for the throtle. am i going to have problems with this set up?

kryptonite

the airtronics is a good radio. you WILL like it. i bought one and just havent put it to use yet. what kind of reciever did it come with. is it a micro with z-connectors

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts