• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A premix fuel question

ThatBigGuyOverThere

Maybe you folks can solve a debate the guys at my lhs were having over premixed fuel. Half of the people that run gas say breaking in and running a 50:1 premixed fuel is ok and will make the most power out of the Redcat and HPI engines. The other half say no way don't run anything but 25:1. Even the owner of shop runs 50:1 in his redcats to both break in and run,he say without problems. Any body have any thoughts on this.

Deluge

Zenoah says anywhere from 25:1 to 40:1. 25:1 is recommended because it gives you some breathing room when you tune. If you're new to 5th scale, I'd say stick with 25:1 until you gain some tuning experience. Then you can experiment with different ratios.

racetruck

it depends on the two stroke oil you have i use lucus 2 stroke and i run 5oz of oil two 1 gal of fuel for break in and racing

G

I would stay around 25 to 1 for conventional 2stroke oils. With a good synthetic you can run less oil. The synthetics are nice not only for better protection, but less smoke also. Try some different ratios. If you don't notice power gains with less oil, why take the chance.

IMO never go lighter than 32:1. I would rather have the insurance of more oil.

Quadfather

premium oil and 32:1 is what i run, keep an eye on your engine temps. tuning is critical, like DULUGE said, 50:1 you better be a good tuner.

best to stay 25:1 and use a Premium 2stroke oil. until you get comfortable.

i have run 2 strokes for 20+ years, mix lean expect to pay i leared the hard way a couple of times...

cordy

I use 25:1 or 32:1.Useing 50:1 is less lubricant,and tough on your engine,so if you have money to burn and the time to take out your motor and put another one in use 50:1 and be shure you know how to tune it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts